Two Years

two years had past and now we were about to ring in 2015.

i though back to the last two years the Stars had kept improving but hadn't made much progress into the playoffs. this year would hopefully be different.

this was the first time in two years  i was single on new years. i had been living on my own for a year and a half now. living with the guys had been great but i quickly got tired of it. the guys were slobs and i hated having to watch Tyler bring home girls from the bar.

it was also crap for my dating life. every guy i brought home was scared off by Tyler or Jordie it was like they were plotting together to ruin any chance of me finding somebody. Tyler and i still had some weird sexual tension sometimes but we always make it through the awkward times.

i changed into the same dress i had worn two years ago. i did my makeup before driving over to the rink. i parked my truck next to Tyler's car and walked across the parking garage. based on the number of cars i was one of the last people to arrive.

i entered the arena and saw the guys all skating around. i took off my heals and began tying my skates when Ally came over with two beers in her hands.

"drink up you're already behind." she said clearly inebriated.

i finished tying my skates before twisting open the bottle and quickly downing the amber liquid. as soon as i had finished that one Ally handed me another.

 i drank slower this time. i skated around the rink. Ally and i were show boating and i was doing the moonwalk. i was doing well until i collided with what felt like a wall. i began teetering before myself and whoever i ran into both toppled over. my fall was broken by the body since i landed on his chest.

the person let out a moan of pain and i looked up to see Tyler sprawled out on the ice. he looked down to see me laying on top of him

"Hey Eli didn't think you were here. did you come with someone?"

"um, no Sam and i broke up a while ago and i just haven't met anyone yet so i came alone." i said looking into his eyes "what about you?"

"um yeah I brought Malika. it's nothing serious but i thought better than nothing." he said as i rolled off of him.

"well i guess I'll see you guys around." i said as an annoyed looking girl wrapped her arms around Tyler.

seeing him with other girls never got easier i decided to skate over to the coolers where all the beer was.     

after a few more beers it was almost midnight and i was sitting on the bench. i decided to start untying my skates so i could get out of the rink before the countdown began and i had to see all the couples kissing.

i threw my skates over my shoulder as the final minute of the year rolled around. i began walking down the hallway. i waved goodbye to everyone before beginning the walk down the hallway out to the parking garage when i heard a voice calling my name.

i ignored it thinking it was just in my head. the voice got louder and suddenly is was up against a wall with Tyler standing in front of me.

"why are you leaving. it isn't even midnight yet." he said

"i didn't feel like sitting on the sidelines while everyone else had a midnight kiss." i said

just then the count down began from the 30 second mark.

"you should get back to Malika don't want you to miss your kiss." i said going to walk away. his arm came down beside my head pining me between him and the wall.

"what if she isn't the one i want to kiss. maybe she was just a distraction from you." he said taking another step toward me as the countdown reached 10 seconds.

the butterflies in my stomach began growing

"Tyler are you sure?"

"i missed my chance two years ago. I'm not waiting any longer." he said

he leaned in and as soon as our lips connected i heard a cheer of happy new years but i couldn't care less. my hands went to Tyler's chest while Tyler had one rested on the wall behind my head and the other on my hip.

reluctantly we both pulled away for air.

"i should go take Malika back to her place but I'll see you at the game tomorrow right? maybe we could i don't know do dinner or something? i mean if you don't want to do dinner we could do something else." he said beginning to babble.      

i cut him off pulling him in for another kiss.

"dinner would be great Tyler." i said walking back to my truck. before i walked through the door i turned around to see Tyler fist pumping like he had just scored a goal making me laugh as i pushed through the door and into the cold of the underground garage.

when i made it home i fell onto my bed and screamed into my pillow out of pure joy. i rolled onto my stomach as Buffy my cat came and cuddled next to me on the bed.

before i fell asleep i texted Ally letting her know i need her help tomorrow.

E- have a date tomorrow night need your help getting ready. please.

A- of course I'll be over at 10 so we can shop for an outfit. who is the lucky guy?

E- don't worry about it. I'm sure Jamie will be getting a text soon asking for help from him. goodnight.

A- you're suck a tease.

i plugged my phone in to charge before setting an alarm for 9 and falling asleep dreaming of Tyler.