Road Trip

i was driving to work with Jackson since i had stayed at his place the night before. we had been dating for a few months now. i had gotten to know his friends and we were almost never separate. Ally and i still talked quite often but she really didn't like Jack. i understood he could be a bit abrasive at times but for the most part he was really good to me.

he didn't like how close i was with some of the guys but i just brushed it off as protectiveness. we weren't really talking right now. last night he had a few too many beers and trashed his apartment after i told him to stop drinking. one of the bottles smashed against my arm leaving bruises and some scrapes.

"listen Lizzy I'm sorry alright. i was drunk and i lost my temper. I'm sorry i shouldn't have thrown that bottle and i promise I'll cut back on the drinking okay? I'd never want to hurt you." he said grabbing my hand.

i tried to pull it away but he grabbed it tighter cutting off the circulation. i saw something flash behind his eyes that scared me. i nodded my head in agreement and he loosened his grip on my hand.

 "let's not tell anyone alright i don't want them getting the wrong impression." he said stroking my cheek with his thumb. i nodded as we pulled up to the American Airlines Center. i got out walking in ahead of him. most of the day i felt his eyes on me but I just brushed it off.

during lunch Paul came in

"Elizabeth, Jackson we need you two to come with us on the next road trip Kenny is sick and Markus' wife just had her baby. Elizabeth i already cleared it with your teachers so you won't be back in class until after your Christmas break. we leave at 6 tonight so go home and pack your bags." he said before walking out of the room.

just then it hit me that we were going to be going to Boston on this road trip. i decided i would surprise Tyler when i got there rather then letting him know in advance. i called his sister and got the address to his apartment so i could see him before the game tomorrow night.

i went home and packed my clothes into a duffle bag. after Boston we had a stop in Montreal before the Christmas break. before i knew it, it was already 4 and i went over to the Benn brother's apartment and waited for them to drive me to the airport.

we were driving to the airport when i asked

"so Jamie how are you and Ally doing?" nudging him in the side.

"we're good she's actually coming with me to meet the family at Christmas since her parents are going on a cruise." he said smiling "how are you and Jackson?"

"oh we're fine." i said brushing off the incident from last night and in the car. the guys didn't look convinced but we continued on with our conversation. until we pulled up to the airport. it was a quick trip through security before we boarded the plane. during the flight i got all the guys their food I'd packed for them and once that was done i sat down and played poker with some of the guys and coaching staff.

once we landed in Boston we all grabbed our bags and trudged our way to the hotel. we were all so tired we went to bed right away.

the next morning i woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. looking over i saw it was 8 and i had a half hour to get ready for breakfast with the guys before the bus took us to the rink for pre-game skate. 

i changed into my star's hoodie and a pair of yoga pants with stars written across the butt. i walked down to see some of the guys eating their breakfast. i grabbed a bagel and some fruit sitting and eating as more guys filtered into the room. after an hour we were all on the bus on the way to the Garden. 

we got off the bus and the guys went to get changed while myself and the rest of the trainers got the medical room all set up in case we needed it for tonight's game.