Separated

I woke up in the morning to find two tattooed arms wrapped around me. I struggled to remove Tyler's arms from around my waist. I failed to get his arms off of me and the more I struggled the tighter his arms held me. I decided to just lay there until he woke up which was soon after I laid down since my phone began ringing.

Tyler rolled over into his stomach and put a pillow over his head as he tried to block out the sound of my phone. I reached over and grabbed it seeing that it was my boss. the team left for a week long road trip this afternoon but I didn't know why he needed me.

"Hello?" I answered yawning.

"Elizabeth sorry to call so early but there is a problem with the road trip." Paul said "we have a few guys that are close to returning but aren't flying out with us so I need you to stay behind and work with them so they don't lose progress."

my mood instantly dropped. I had been looking forward to going to Detroit and visiting my parents and going to Toronto so we could break the news to Tyler's family that we were dating.

"yeah okay Paul when do you need me at the rink?" I asked

"just the regular schedule and when the guys call you. sorry it's so last minute." he said before hanging up.

I huffed at the annoying change of plans.

"What's got you in such a bad mood." Tyler asked nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck his beard tickling me.

"I'm not going on the road trip. with everyone close to coming back ad playing Paul wants mw to stay behind and make sure they stick to training and get healthy so we can't tell our parents yet." I said turning my head so I could look down at him.

"I don't want to go a week without you though." he said "and what happens when my mom and sisters start grilling me about my love life, you know I can't lie to them." Tyler said.

"i don't know just tell them you're seeing someone but it's not serious enough for them to know about." I said as I got up and walked out of the room to begin cooking breakfast.

as soon as I walked out of the bedroom Cash and Marshal ran in and began licking Tyler trying to get him out of bed.

I went over to the stove and began cooking some eggs while I put toast in the toaster and cut up some fruit. after a few minutes Tyler came out fully dressed with his bags and Cash and Marshal trailing behind him.

he reached around me and grabbed an orange slice. I tried smacking his hand away but I was too slow. he laughed before asking

"since you're staying home would you mind if I left Cash and Marshal with you so I don't have to board them at the kennel."

"yeah sure I don't mind watching them"I said as I scratched their head.

they wagged their tails in response before Tyler sat down and began eating his breakfast. after an hour I went and got dressed so I could drive Tyler to the airport and say goodbye before he left.

Ally and Abby were going to come over after work so we could have a girls night at my place and complain about how it sucks when the guys leave.

after I changed into jeans a cream sweater and riding boots I drove Tyler to the airport. once we got there I got out and walked with Tyler to where the team was waiting in the lobby. once we got there the coach gathered everyone up so they could board the plane.

"i'll see you in a week." I said going to walk back to the car but before I could take a few steps away his hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back into his chest.

"you sure you can't come?" he asked

I nodded my head looking at the floor. I loved traveling with the team especially since it meant I got to be around Tyler even when he was on the road it sucked even more knowing that I could have seen my family if I was going.

Tyler put his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up to look him in the eyes.

"it's only a week." he said "and once we get back we can spend as much time as we want together and we can do whatever you want." with that he kissed me before running up to catch up with the rest of the team. before he entered out to the tarmac he turned around and blew me a kiss. I pretended to catch it making him laugh before he passed through the doors to where I couldn't see him.

Author's Note

hi sorry it took so long but I got it up. things are crazy right now but I hope to update more

~Del