Cat's out of the bag

the team was sitting on the plane some were reading others playing cards but I was trying but failing to sleep. I had been up all night thinking about the game it was against Ottawa and I was worrying about how the interns would do without me there. 

I was at the front with Paul and Steve the other trainers while Tyler sat at the back with some of his teammates playing videogames.

after and hour or so the plane began it's decent into Ottawa. once the guys got the luggage we all settled into the hotel for our game the next day.

after I threw my bags into my room I took the elevator down to Tyler's floor. just as I went to knock on his door Jamie walked out so I just let myself in. I saw Tyler laying on his bed so I walked over and laid down beside him. he pulled me into his side and started kissing me. soon it got heated and he was hovering over me.

we were so caught up we didn't hear the door click open. we only looked up when we heard a woman shriek. Tyler rolled off me only to find Candace and Cassidy staring at us. I quickly straitened out my shirt while Tyler runs a hand through his dishevelled hair.

the four of us are stunned to silence until Jamie walked back in laughing on his phone. when he walked in on the situation he looked between Tyler and I and said

 "i swear you two are a couple of hormone crazed teenagers."

everyone laughed and some of the tension broke.

"Why are you guys even here?" Tyler asked

"well mom and dad wanted to surprise Elizabeth since they didn't to see her last time and Ottawa is only a few hours away so we made the road trip." Cassidy said flopping into one of the chairs.

"Wait mom and dad are here?" Tyler asked and the girls both nodded "okay don't tell mom and dad alright. we're going to tell them ourselves got it?" Tyler said nervous clearly not thinking we would be sharing the news.

the girls agreed getting up to leave but before they did Candace stuck her head back in 

"by the way Els your parents came down too."

and with that they were gone leaving Tyler and I to worry about when we would tell our parents.

soon Tyler's phone rang and he answered it to find out it was his mom.

"yeah.....yeah......okay......7 works just fine mom.....yes i'll tell her....okay bye....bye .......love you too bye." and with that he hung up before she could say anything else.

"so dinner is at seven and some steak place so we have to dress formal."

I looked at my watch to see it was already 5 so I excused myself to get ready in my room.

at 6:30 Tyler knocked on my door and we walked down to catch a cab to the restaurant.

by the time we got there our families were already waiting for us. Tyler and I squeezed in on the end of the circular booth. after we all ordered and started making small talk I nudged Tyler to try and get him to speak up. he looked down at me before grabbing my hand under the table and giving it squeeze for reassurance.

      he cleared his throat and everyone turned their attention to him.

"well Eli and I have some important news that might surprise some of you. we've been dating for the past few months now. we just thought you guys should know." he said

"Ty it's no shock we all knew it would happen eventually." his mom spoke up "just don't be and idiot and screw it up. I want her to be my daughter in law." his mom said pointing a stern finger at him.

I smirked glad that everyone knew now. everything was normal for the rest of the night until we got back to the room. I had flopped down onto my bed while Tyler went back to his room for the night. I was drifting off to sleep when my phone rang.

I looked at the caller ID before answering it. before I could say anything they said

"Eli I'm in some big trouble."

Authors Note

sorry for the wait just wanted to say thank you for the reads, votes and comments. this was kind of a boring filler chapter but the next one should be a little more interesting. sorry to leave it on a cliff hanger but vote and comments are always appreciated.

much love

Del