Good News/ Bad News

"Tyler can you help me with some of these boxes." I yelled from the moving van

he quickly ran out and grabbed a few. soon most of the team was helping us move making it quick and easy. Jamie and Ali had moved into their house earlier today. the only thing left to do at their house was the nursery which we were waiting for the gender to do.

Ali had an appointment in a few days where she would find out but she wanted to do a reveal so Abby and I were going to do the nursery for her.

One Week Later***********************************************************

"Abby what about this?" I asked holding up a stuffed bear.

she nodded her head so I threw it in the cart. we had gotten almost everything we needed when I got a call from the head trainer to come to the arena asap.

"Abby I'm sorry but I have to go to work. can you finish here and I'll meet you back at the house?"

"yeah don't worry I have it covered."

once I pulled up to the rink I headed into the trainer's offices. When I got there I saw the rest of the guys sitting in Paul's office.

"Great now that you're all here I have some news. after 40 years of working as a trainer I've decided to retire at the end of the month. That leaves my position open. If you're interested please let me know so I can observe you these next few weeks and make my decision."

the guys started clearing out one by one. I got up to leave when Paul said

"Elizabeth could I speak with you for a minute."

I turned around

"what do you need Paul?"

"two things. One I hope you'll apply for the head trainer position I think you would make a really good fit. Two and this is the bad news, I got a call from my friend Carter in the saint Louis organization it seems that Jackson has gotten a job with them."

I froze then. Jackson wasn't a name I had thought of in almost a year and a half. it was I name I never wanted to think of again.

"our next game is in St. Louis though. I'm going to have to see him again?" I asked

"I've spoke with the coaching staff and we can get by without you this weekend if you don't want to be there."

"I'm going. he can't control me anymore. I won't let him affect my life. what time does the plane leave?"

"it leaves at 1 tomorrow. if you change your mind just give me a call."

I nodded my head and left to go back home. when I pulled up in the driveway I saw Tyler playing with cash, marshal and Presley.

"hey Abby came by earlier to drop off the baby stuff, its in the office.  She said you got called into work." Tyler said looking concerned

"Paul let us know he's retiring at the end of the month and said I should apply for the head trainer position."

"that's great." he said picking me up and spinning me around. "why don't you look happy?"  

"He also told me Jackson is working in the blues organization now which means I'm going to have to see him again this weekend."

"no. no way you're going on this trip I don't want him anywhere around you." he said getting angrier.

"Ty that's not your call to make. I let him control my life for long enough I'm not going to let him do it again. "

we just stared each other down until finally he cracked

"fine but I want you so stay close to me I don't want him getting close enough to hurt you. Deal?"

"Deal." I said "I should go over to Jamie and Aly's house to set up the nursery before they get back. wanna help?"

he grabbed my hand and we loaded up the car to bring everything over.

a few hours later and we had a nursery painted and assembled so we were waiting until Aly and Jamie got home. finally the door opened and we went down the stairs to meet them.

"are you guys ready to see the nursery?"

they both nodded so I grabbed their hands and pulled them up to the door. Tyler got his phone ready to record as I opened the door to

 Tyler got his phone ready to record as I opened the door to

"we're having a boy!" Aly screamed jumping up and down. Jamie hugged her.

"we better get back home and pack for tomorrow's trip. have a good night you two." Tyler said as he led me out the door.

now all I had to worry about were the next 72 hours.

Author's Note~

Hi guys long time no talk sorry I've been MIA but I hope you liked this chapter! let me know what you think cause I always appreciate it. hopefully I'll update again soon.

Del