Why is That Box Moving

"ladies and gentleman it is -20 degrees in Toronto and the time is 1 pm. please wait until the seatbelt sign has been turned off before exiting the plane. thank you for traveling with us and have a lovely stay." the flight attendant said just before the seatbelt sign was turned off.

Tyler stood up getting our carry-on bags down. we were able to get off first since we were in first class. we went through security before grabbing our bags from the conveyor belt.

we walked out of the airport into the waiting area. i saw Cassidy and Candace waiting on a set of benches.

we walked over to them and once they saw me they crushed me in a hug making me wince slightly despite my medication.

"girls take it easy she's still all bruised." Tyler said shooing them away.

"Tyler it's fine you need to stop babying me. i can take care of myself."

"i don't care it's my job to look out for you from now on." Tyler said wrapping his arms around me from behind. his chin rested on my shoulder as we walked out to the Cassidy's car.

Tyler threw our bags into the car before climbing in the back seat with me. it was a bit of a drive back to their house but we talked and caught up on what was new with the girls.

once we pulled up to the house Jackie and Paul came out and hugged me.

"really guys I'm your kid" Tyler said obviously jealous of the attention i got from his parents.

"yeah we get to see you all the time we haven't seen Elizabeth in over a year. now go take those bags up to your room while we catch up with her." his mom said.

i smirked at Tyler as he huffed carrying the bags up the stairs.

his parents and i went into the kitchen and i sat on a stool eating some of the gingerbread cookies. i had the cookie in my hand when i felt someone over my shoulder and when i looked over Tyler was taking i huge bite out of my cookie.

"hey that was my cookie."

he just shrugged his shoulders and grabbed the rest of the cookie eating it and taking a drink out of my milk glass. i glared at him but when he poked me on the nose i couldn't help but smile.

"i have to go to the mall and grab some last minute things does anyone want to come?" Cassidy asked

"I'll go." i said grabbing my purse.

when i went to the car i saw Tyler in the front seat. Cassidy got in the driver's seat and began driving the three of us to the mall. we all went our separate ways agreeing to meet up in a few hours. tomorrow was Christmas so the mall was packed.

i walked into under armor and got Tyler some new work-out clothes. i also got him some cd's and movies and a few new toys for Cash and Marshal.

i got the girls some clothes and once i was happy with my purchases i went to the car to throw my bags into the car to find Cass and Tyler talking.

we all got in the car and drove home.

*********************TYLER'S POV********************************

i was trying to find something for Eli other then the Star's shirt with my name on it which i got some strange looks for buying.

i walked past the pet store when i saw a sign in the window saying pet adoption. i walked in and saw the local shelter was having and adoption fair. i walked through the rows of cages until my eye fell on the sweetest little black kitten.

i decided i had found the perfect gift for her. i filled out some paper work and then quickly drove the cat over to the hotel where her parents were staying so they could watch her.

i made it back just in time to see Eli coming out of the mall.

we all went back to the house. and i only stayed for a few hours before i went to the hotel to pick up Eli's parents.

when we got back to the house i snuck in to make sure Eli wasn't watching before i called out

"Eli someone's at the door for you."

she walked over and opened the door letting out an excited scream when she saw her parents. once she had pulled away from the hug she turned and hugged me

"you're the best." she said jumping up and wrapping her legs around my waist.

i smiled happy with myself.

the rest of the night we watched Christmas movies like the Grinch, Elf and Christmas with the Cranks.

around midnight Eli and i decided to crawl into bed. she changed into one of my shirts before crawling under the covers and turning to face the wall. by the time i changed she was half asleep. i climbed in next to her wrapping my arms around her from behind.

the next morning i snuck out of bed early so i could pick up her new kitten from the hotel. her parents came back with me to celebrate.

by the time we got to our house the only person left to wake up was Eli. i climbed up the stairs and walked in to see her fast asleep cuddling one of my pillows.

i shook her awake and she begrudgingly rolled out of bed and threw on some shorts before walking down stairs. we all sat down around the tree and began opening presents. Eli loved her shirt.

once everyone was done opening their gifts i walked into the other room and put the kitten into the box walking it over to Eli.

"i got you one more thing." i said putting the box on the ground in front of her. the box began moving across the floor.

"why is the box moving?" she asked as she opened the lid. once she did the kitty crawled out and settled down in her lap. "you got me a kitten!"

she leaned over and rested her head on my shoulder. she looked up at me and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"you're the best." she said laying down in my lap. i smiled beginning to twirl her hair around my fingers while she pet the cat.

these were the moments i loved.