we aren't together

I woke up the next morning to feel two arms wrapped around my waist. all of a sudden the memories of last night came flooding back and I felt the tears begin to flow down my cheeks. I rolled onto my back and looked over to see Tyler peacefully sleeping with his mouth open slightly. his hair was falling over his eyes and I could hear the faint noise of his snoring. 

I tried to move his arms off of me without waking him but it didn't work. his eyes fluttered open to meet mine.

"hey Eli, how you feeling?" he asked

I just shrugged my shoulders as I began crying harder. he pulled me over into his chest and rubbed my back trying to sooth me.

"shh shh it's okay, he isn't worth the tears. I promise you're going to find somebody who realizes how special you are. I promise it'll get better." he said trying to calm me.

after a few minutes I calmed down until I had stopped crying. Tyler and I both climbed out of my bed and trudged down stairs.

"do you want me to make waffles and bacon for breakfast?" I asked knowing how much he loved my cooking.

"is that even a question?" he said as he ran down the stairs. I followed close behind him laughing at his excitement. once I made it into the kitchen I began grabbing all the ingredients I needed to make the waffles before turning to see Tyler on the counter doing something on his phone.

"chocolate chip or blueberry?" I asked

"blueberry." he said not looking up from his phone.

I turned around and began mixing in the flour, eggs, milk and vanilla together before mixing in the berries. I put the bacon on while I waited for the waffle iron to heat up, once it did I poured the batter in and closed it waiting for the timer to signal it was done. while I waited I hopped up next to Tyler and tried to see what he was doing but he pulled his phone away before I could get a good look.

"so can I ask how you started dating that asshole?" he asked looking down at me.

"we met at the rink since we both played hockey. I knew he had a reputation and most of my teammates hated him but whenever he talked to me nothing else mattered. I guess I just wanted to find someone to make me happy again, after I moved I was always sad and then he came around and made me happy again. I knew he had a bad reputation but I was so blind, now I just feel stupid for trusting him." I said looking down at my hands.

"well the good news is you have me back so no more dating douches like him." he said ruffling my hair. I shoved him away before piling the warm waffles and bacon onto two plates and handing him one.

we sat at the table when all of a sudden my phone started ringing I looked down to see Quinn's face appear on the screen I sent him to voicemail not wanting to listen to his excuses. he was persistent though and kept calling and texting me. I got fed up and turned my phone off throwing it onto the other side of the couch. I grabbed a pillow and buried my face into it screaming.

Tyler was unfazed by it and simply told me

"go change were going out to get some stuff."

I looked at him confused but he shot me a look and I scurried up to my room changing into a pair of dark skinny jeans with a cream knit sweater. I ran down stairs to see Tyler in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I threw on my uggs  before I tossed him the keys and ran to the truck.

we were driving along singing to whatever song came onto the radio, this was the type of thing I had missed when we were separated. suddenly Tyler turned into a parking lot and I saw the grocery store. I was confused but tyler opened my door and pulled me out grabbing my hands pulling me into the store. he grabbed a cart and pushed it around as I trailed behind. he walked down the junk food aisle.

"what are we doing?" I asked

"we are going to have a movie day, eat lots of junk food, order pizza watch a bunch of movies in our pjs. that is if you're up to it." he said smirking at me

"of course I am." I said running down the aisle to grab a bag of chips. unfortunately my 5'2" height wasn't tall enough to reach.

"ty, can you help me?" I asked turning away from the shelves to face him. he laughed before easily reaching above me. he breath cascading over my face as his body pressed against mine. my breath hitched in my throat he stepped back as he threw my chips into the cart and continued on. we grabbed some gummies and a tub of chocolate peanut butter ice cream, my favorite. we were at the checkout and I grabbed my wallet to pay when Tyler's hand clamped down on mine stopping me from grabbing my money.

"well aren't you two the cutest couple." the checkout lady said

"oh we aren't dating." I quickly corrected her

"oh my mistake."

Tyler thanked her before we got back into the truck and drove home.