movie day

Tyler's POV

I woke up when I felt someone fidgeting in my arms. I opened my eyes to see Elizabeth with tears running down her face. I pulled her into my chest and tried to calm her down. the thought that anyone could hurt her made me so mad but I hid it since I knew it would only make her more upset. after a few minutes she calmed herself down and got out of bed. I followed her before she asked

"do you want me to make waffles and bacon?"

she made the best waffles so it wasn't even a question. I ran down the stairs and she followed me into the kitchen. while she mixed all the ingredients together I decided to text my sisters to see if they had any ideas for what I could do to cheer her up.

Cassidy suggested a movie day while Candace said junk food so I decided to combine them together. she tried to look at my phone but I closed it and threw it in my pocket. she put the waffles and bacon onto two plates and we went to sit on the couch.

I noticed her phone blowing up. she eventually got frustrated and threw it across the couch. I decided we should go out now so we could watch tons of movies before my game tonight. she ran up to her room and came back down in jeans and a sweater, even when she wasn't trying to she looked great.

she tossed me the keys and we hopped in the car. I drove until I finally found a store. I pulled into the parking lot and dragged her into the store. I found the junk food aisle and pulled her down. I told her the plan for the rest of the day and she went to grab some chips. I saw her struggling and went over to help her. she turned to face me and before she could move out of the way I reached over her and grabbed the bag she wanted. I was pressed against her and stayed there for a moment before pulling away and tossing the bag into the cart.

I grabbed some gummies before grabbing her favorite ice cream. when we went to checkout the lady mistook us for a couple. Eli quickly corrected her but she shot me a wink on the way out.

once we got back to the house I told her to go change into her pajamas. she came back in a pair of leggings and one of my shirts.

"hey, that's my shirt." I said faking annoyance

"what are you going to do about it?" she said.

I dropped the groceries onto the table before I started chasing her. she was squealing when I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder. I carried her over to the chair and plopped her down before I pinned her arms down and began ticking her. she was laughing until tears came out of her eyes when I finally stopped. I flopped down beside her on the couch and she composed herself while I found a movie for us to watch.

after the third movie I ordered us pizza. about fifteen minutes later the doorbell rang. I went to get it expecting it to be the pizza but to my surprise it was Quinn.

"what are you doing here?" I asked anger boiling over.

"I came to apologize." he said looking down at his feet. just then Eli came up behind me. she put her hand on my shoulder letting me know she wanted to be alone. I listened through the door as Quinn tried to apologize and get her back. she stood her ground though after a few minutes of arguing back and forth I finally heard him leave. I ran over to the chair so she wouldn't think I was eavesdropping.

"Tyler Paul Seguin, don't think I didn't know you were eavesdropping." she said "I know you heard me breakup with him so don't even ask how it went."

I put my hands up in surrender. before she sat down with the pizza box in her hands. after she finished eating she curled up against the arm of the chair. by the end of the fifth movie she was asleep and I could feel my eyes drooping.

I woke up the next morning to flashes. I opened my eyes to see her mom Patty and dad Bill standing over us. patty had her phone out and was snapping pictures.

I got up without waking Eli and walked with them into the kitchen. I thought they should know before they said something that would upset her.

"so Eli and Quinn broke up. she saw him kissing some other girl outside the rink, she's been a little upset but she broke it off last night." I said waiting for their reaction

"oh thank god I always hated that boy." Patty said, bill simply nodded in agreement.

we stayed talking for a little bit longer about hockey and the start of school next week. Eli walked in rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"well you two just looked adorable curled up in the chair I couldn't help but take a picture." Patty said

"mom you're so embarrassing!" she said hiding her face in my shirt. "so I guess Ty told you about Quinn and I."

her parents nodded but didn't pry for any information. the rest of the day was spent resting so I could get ready for my first game with the whalers. Eli had promised to come and cheer me on which I knew would make all the difference.