"I can't! I won't let you touch her, leave her the fuck alone!" she began screaming in her sleep unable to hear me call her name and feel me waking her. She was crying now. I didn't want to do this seeing as she's my mistress but I had no other choice; I slapped her. Hard.

She woke straight from her sleep, growling at me. Her hands were wrapped around my neck, I was put in a vulnerable position. She took a minute to realize it was me and that this was reality now after squeezing onto my neck like a dog with a chewy bone. She let me go, then collected her own breath. "Ashley I'm--"

I took her by the wrist with my left hand and pressed my index finger to her lips, "come, you need a decent shower. Let me help you out for once," she couldn't know what was real or not anymore. I didn't have it in me to hear her apologize, I just knew I had to be the supporting girlfriend for her so I helped her out of bed gently, walking her to the bathroom where I drew her a bath as she sat on the toilet in a bathrobe naked underneath. She sat, shaking with the utmost fear that resounded within her but I knew this bath would only calm her down for a while and put her to sleep. I wouldn't give her any drugs but perhaps a shot if it was deemed necessary that she was going to act out anymore. 

I didn't want to be that kind or person where she'd look at me like someone who'd gone against her though. Her eyes were sunken, her rib cages showing more her baby bump did as well as the views and bones showing through her skin like a gory display of 3D art. She had nice cheekbones , always but now they were just sad. 

 Once the bath was drawn fully and bubble bath solution was applied I removed her robe and put her hair tied back her braids. I helped her in and began to lather up soap and a loofa. "what are you doing?"

I giggled at her, "love what does it look like I'm doing? I'm giving you a bath." there was a lot of blood washing off of her but thank God it wasn't her's, dirt as well. I reminded myself to be very gentle with her and even more with the bruises on her skin. "you've been through a lot but I'm here to make everything better okay? Everything's gonna get better!"

Eliza nodded. Just that too while staying to still and quiet. "what does mama wanna do when we get back home?" I asked her, raising my voice with a tinge of hope coating it. She said nothing, not even calling her Mama, my kinky name for her could make her smile. "how about we go for breakfast-- We can have Shrimp and Grits, your favorite! Go to a yoga class, go shopping, see a movie even? after that go food shopping and I'll make a big dinner for just us two?" I'm sure she'd like that. It was just something to get the bad stuff off her mind. 

She nodded, "sure." she spoke in a small voice. 

I kissed Eliza's cheek, "good babe, I even rented us an apartment four a few months just until we get back to New York and get back to regulated life." I couldn't risk her going back to New York now, I don't think the flashy lights and fast life would be best for Eliza seeing as she's under so much as is. I was under much more as well but I couldn't let that show, I had to be there for her more than ever. My father advised we have a couple's counseling as well, not that there was anything wrong with our relationship  but that under the events that went on and the stress we shared together it seemed very important to talk to someone. I didn't mind this time either. 

He said he'd call and set up an appointment on Thursday, three days from now. "anything else you want to do baby?" I asked while I washed her feet. "oh and we get mani pedi's today as well, how about diamonds on all or nails, I know you're not plain so we'll get them all!"

She cracked a weak smile. "that's my baby!" I peppered kisses all over Eliza's cheeks. "baby we bought you some clothes as well, I believe VERA should have them out on your bed." I yelled Vera's name so she knew to stop eavesdropping get Eliza's clothes out on the bed.