Part 1: RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS #93

A/N: Beaut

A/N: Beaut.

So this imagine is kinda based off  a How I Met Your Mother episode...

____________________

||Y/N||

Being apart of the Edmonton Oilers equipment staff has some perks. I get to meet some of the players and get to watch the games.

I've been apart of the staff for a while and have become great friends with the team, but mostly Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Everyone says they can clearly see that we have feelings for each other, which i know that i have feelings for him, but i don't think he feels the same way, until today.

"Hey Y/N!" Ryan says from behind me. I then stop what i'm doing and turn around to see Ryan jogging over to me.

"Whats up?" I ask him as he finally comes down to me.

"So tomorrow there's a wedding happening for a friend of mine, who is also friends with some people on the team, and I need a plus one. So would you, like if you don't want to that's fine, but maybe be my plus one?" Ryan asks me as he stares at the floor scratching the back of his neck.

"I'd love to Ry." I say smiling at him and keeping in the butterflies that are currently going off in my stomach.

"Great! I'll pick you up at 2 tomorrow!" Ryan tells me and i nod my head.

"Sounds great!" I say as i then go back to what i was doing and Ryan gets in to the locker room.

-----------------------------

"I knew it!" Lauren, Jordan Eberle's girlfriend, says as we walk around the store looking for the perfect dress for tomorrow.

"Okay okay, you don't know just yet. We might have just asked me to go as friends." I say as I look through a rack or dresses.

"Oh come on! Everyone sees you guys flirting! You day at work starts with you and Ryan flirting and ends with you and Ryan flirting!" Lauren says as I finally find my size in a dress and pull it out.

"Sure, whatever you say. But i'm going to try this on." I tell her and i walk into a changing room.

||BEFORE THE WEDDING||

"Wow." Ryan says right as Lauren let's him inside to see me.

"Hey." I say smiling at him and all of a sudden the bottom of my dress looks really pretty.

"I'm gonna go now, see you guys there!" Lauren says as as he links arms with Jordan, who came here with Ryan, and they leave my house.

"You look great." Ryan says  walking over to me and i smile up at him.

"You don't look so bad yourself Hopkins." I say smirking at him. We then both look at each other smiling and our heads start coming closer and closer.

*RING* *RING*

Ryan and I then jump apart due to my phone ringing.

"Go ahead." Ryan tells me and i pick up the phone.

"Hello?Oh, okay i'll be right there." I say through the phone and hang up.

"Ryan, Chiarelli just called and asked me to come in today." I tell him.

"About what?" Ryan asks me worried.

"He said it was about my position." I tell him sadly.

"It's alright, go to work." Ryan tells me smiling.

"Really?" I ask him.

"Yes, because with out your job how am i going to see you everyday." He tells me and I smile at him.

"Thanks Ry, i appreciate it." I tell him smiling.

||NEXT DAY||

So ends up that Chiarelli wanted to give me a bit of a promotion by turning me into a trainer.

"Listen up boys! We got a new trainer, she might even look really familiar." Todd Mcllean says as I step onto the ice with my stick and gloves on and i ditched the helmet.

"Sup losers." I say smirking and they all cheer for me being there.

"Just because i'm your friend, doesn't mean you getting off easy today." I say and they all groan.

||NEAR THE END OR PRACTICE||

"So how was the wedding yesterday?" I ask the Jordan, Connor and Ryan as we stand around waiting for Todd to tells us what's next.

"It was great! I had a great night with this girl." Ryan says and my heart breaks a bit.

"Really? What's her name?" I ask him and Connor and Jordan look at me with worried eyes. Everyone on the team now knows about how I feel towards Ryan, except for Ryan himself.

"Vanessa, but i never got her number." Ryan says.

"What's her last name?" I ask him.

"Vanessa Hart I think." Ryan says shrugging and my eyes go wide.

"I know her." I say in disbelief.