MATT DUCHENE #9

Requested by MrsMattDuchene

//////

*Katy*

Here I am, sitting in bed with my head in my hands. I can't take it anymore, I just can't. Hate, it's every where. My Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, any social media, you name it, it's there. The one reason why it's there, is because of my boyfriend of one year, Matt Duchene.

When I first found out Matt was a hockey player, I kinda had a feeling of what was to come. Not very much time together, late nights after games, needing to comfort him after a loss, and celebrate when he wins, but what I had forgotten was something I don't usually worry about, hate comments.

I never knew how much people would kill to be with Matt, to be in my place, in my shoes, until today. I was just scrolling through my activity on my Instagram, when I noticed that I got a lot more comments on a photo that usual. I the click on the post to see that it's a picture of me and Matt. I then load up the comments and see that there are many mad fangirls.

"Why is Matt with this skank? He could to so much better." One comment said

"So looks like a whore, she's just dating Matt for the money."

"What a fat pig."

"She looks like shit."

And many more comments like that. There where some really smart and nice people that commented back to them talking for me,  but the hate overpowered it and really got to me.

I keep crying for a while, just tying to let everything go, but then quickly stop when hearing Matts car pull into the drive way.

"Shit" I mumble as I get up from bed and go to the washroom. I then quickly splash my face with cold water, dry off my face and head downstairs.

"Hey babe!" Matt says as I reach the bottom of the stairs.

"Hi." I say with my voice cracking a little.

"Is there something wrong?" Matt asks me while putting his hands on my shoulders and I start to play with my palms of my hands.

"No, nothing's wro-" I start.

"Katy, there is something wrong, you always play with your hand when you lie." Matt says, damn he j it's me.

"It's just really weird." I say looking down.

"You can tell me anything, you know that right." Matt said bringing his hands from my shoulders to my waist.

"I know. So today I was on my Instagram, and I was scrolling through my activity and saw that I got a lot of comments on our photo, and they weren't very nice." I say as I let a few tears slip.

"Let me see your phone." Matt says as I hand him my phone and he starts to read the comments.

" they are all wrong. You are the most perfect girl I know, and I love you so much. You know me so well and I want to live the rest of my life with you." Matt starts as he then pulls a small box out of his pocket and kneels down on one knee.

"Oh you fucker." I say laughing with tears coming out of my eyes.

"Katy, will you make me one of the happiest people on Earth and marry me?" He says opening the velvet box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring.

"Yes yes yes yes!" I scream jumping into his arms and he spins me around. One he put me down he the slid the ring on to my ring finger.

"I love you Mr.Duchene." I tell him.

"I love you to Mrs.Duchene." He says as j smile up at him and kiss him once again.