1

"Boring." The girl says tired of reading the story although she'd just started a short time ago.

"What's boring now Lisa?" Tyler asks getting up and picking up the discarded book. After reading the title he snickers. "Of course it's boring. Aren't all the romance books the same? Boy meets girl or girl meets boy and they fall in love, or rather lust. The only difference is if they get in bed or not, or if they stay together or not. But since they are romance usually they stay together after some sort of trying experience makes their love strong." Tyler mocks as he crosses his hands over his heart and pretends to faint onto the bed. 

He'd forgotten that Lisa was sprawled across the bed and lands rather hard on her legs making her give him angry glares and his back some bruises. He hadn't tried to soften the landing at all.

"So what are you reading that's so exciting?" Lisa's sarcastic words get him to stand up and reach for his own book. He hands it to her.

"Fantasy is so much more fun." He smiles even as she gives the book a moue of distaste.

"Fantasy, really Tyler? That's the best you can do?" Lisa complains and hands him back his book.

Tyler takes it and looks at Lisa sadly, hurt strangely by her words. Lisa not paying attention to him rubs her legs where he'd landed so heavily continues. "There is no reality to fantasy. It's like a child's fairy tale. I'd have thought you'd have out grown fairy tales by now." Her derision strikes like arrows to his chest.

"Perhaps, but at least it's better than the same thing over and over again. An unrealistic example of love. Fantasy allows the mind to expand and think beyond the box. Romance novels, shrink your brain down to the basic, primeval portions." Tyler, gathers up his things.

"I'll see you later, Lisa." Tyler waves to the now stunned girl left looking at him with her mouth hanging open in shock. "Bye Cal."

That's when the third person in the room decides to make a comment. "You deserved that one Lisa. Tyler, he doesn't open up to many people but he did you, then you callously diss something that means a lot to him."

"I didn't mean to hurt him. I had no idea that fantasy meant so much to him." Lisa says sadly still watching the door that Tyler left through.

Tyler trudges home. He will have to leave soon and he's not so sure how to tell her. She'll never believe him if he tells her who he really is. No one would here, he's not sure what to do. Perhaps he'll just not say anything. Lisa and Cal are his only friends here, but they'll forget him soon enough.

He sighs, if she hadn't dissed the fantasy then he could tell her. She still wouldn't have believed him, or at least it's unlikely that she would, but at least she'd have known the truth.

He'll tell his friends goodbye tomorrow.

Tyler waves his hand and a doorway appears. He steps through and he sheds his disguise. He becomes taller and thinner, but stronger. His eyes blaze with power and strength, his friends would never recognize him now.

"Highness, it's good to have you back this evening." The man that was waiting in the room by the wall says as he bows. He hands the prince an outfit.

"It's good to be back, if only for a short time before I return to the Earth realm."

He'd been so sure that Lisa was the one of the prophecy, but time is up, he'll have to fight without her strength at his side. Fight and most likely die. But Tyler had been fighting against the odds for his whole life.

"Oh, Tyler, I wanted to apologize for yesterday. Please wait up," Lisa calls out.

Tyler sighs, he'd already said his goodbye's to Cal. Now's as good as any to tell Lisa goodbye.

Tyler stops and turns to face her, just as she's about to speak Tyler hears a sound he'd never thought to hear here. He tackles Lisa down. The missile goes over their heads but not by much. Fortunately it was set to only explode upon impact of flesh or it would have killed them both.

Tyler gets up and locates the enemy that sent the missile. He sends his own missile and his isn't set on just exploding with flesh. When the explosion sounds there is a satisfied look on his face.

"What the freaking hell was that?" Lisa asks her shock  wearing off.

"Magic missile. Idiot didn't set it properly. Last mistake he'll ever make." Tyler says then turns to the woman at his side.

"I was going to tell you this earlier, but I have to leave now. It was a pleasure meeting you Lisa. You and Cal made my life that much more bearable, thank you."

Tyler turns from the gaping mouth of his friend and opens a portal. She had already seen magic used once it doesn't matter anymore if she sees it again or not. "What the hell?" He hears her whisper as he steps through the portal.

Lisa comes to her senses and jumps through the portal as Tyler closes it.

She picks herself up and gawks at the rich furnishings that surround her. "Tyler where is this place?" She can't help the fact that her voice had a more childlike quality to it just then, she's more than a little scared.

"This, Lisa, is my home." The voice is Tyler's but the tone is deeper, layered and reminds her of the deeper tones of bells. She tears herself from gawking at the room and looks at her friend.

"Tyler?" Lisa is unsure. This person only bares the faintest resemblance to her friend.

"Actually that is Prince Tyler, miss." The same man that had awaited the prince the night before is the one to answer Lisa this time.

Tyler puts a hand up to stop him, "It's alright Lionel, she is my friend." Lionel bows to Tyler before taking away the dusty and travel stained clothes Tyler had changed out of.

Lisa is more than a little intimidated by the man standing in front of her.

Tyler smiles at her in amusement. Then he shakes his head, "You shouldn't have come through the portal like that Lisa. If you had stayed on Earth then you would have been fine. But going through a magic portal changes you slightly, making it so others know that you are different. It will be dangerous to send you back now."

"Just who or what are you Tyler?" Lisa asks, for there is no doubt in her mind that Tyler isn't the geeky human she had thought him.

Tyler gives her another amused look. "I am Prince Tyler Andreamore. Otherwise known as the Prince of the Elves of Andreamore." Tyler gives her a florid bow and Lisa can't stop staring at him open mouthed.

After several moments of silence where Tyler watches her closely she manages to reply, "Where is Andreamore? I've never heard of it, or elves or anything like that."

Tyler smiles widely and genuinely for the first time since she saw him enter this place. "That's because dear Lisa, Andreamore isn't part of the human plane. It's in the Elven plane. The plane of the fantastic, the plane of all things you disparage. The land of magic of all forms. The plane of the mystical and mythical. The land of fantasy."

Tyler manages to get to her before she collapses. She had disparaged his fantasy book as being unrealistic, he'd found them all to realistic. He carries her to his room even as he orders a room and clothes to be found for her. If she is going to be here for a prolonged period she'll need something other than jeans and a tank top. She's going to hate the dresses she'll be expected to wear.