Chapter 5

It's been two weeks since I've talked to Jeremy. Today is the day I'm setting out to see my dad. Jeremy came over with his bags and set them down. To say things were awkward was a huge understatement.

"You're late." I hissed.

"I'm sorry, my mom called." I frowned at him knowing he doesn't like talking to her.

"I'm fine." I nodded, getting in the car. We haven't talked in two weeks because he fell of the face of the earth. I'm honestly surprised to see that he showed up. After our deep talk that one day, he didn't want to talk to me. Honestly, it made no sense. The last time I was with him, he was confessing he had feelings for me.

"You know, you don't have to be here."

"Yea I do."

We drove to the airport, checking in. After, going through security we went to our gate.

"Want anything to eat or drink?"

"No." He nodded and went to get his things. I can't believe this is happening. Tomorrow I'm going to come face to face with my father.

Finally, Jeremy came over with snacks and two chocolate milks. He squeezed my hand, helping me relax. I'm so glad he is here with me and not anyone else. Jeremy is the only one who can really calm me down, my mom gets close but never like him. Our plane was called and we went to board the plane. Jeremy sat next to me, wrapping his arm around me, pulling me into his side. Hopefully being with him for the next couple days, we will figure out what's going on between us.

"Harlow, baby girl time to wake up." I opened my eyes finding him giving me such an adorable smile.

"We're about to land." I nodded, staying snuggled into his side. I've missed him so much these past two weeks. He wasn't pushing me away either, so I'm taking this as a good sign. The plane landed and we were finally in Arizona.

We got our bags and Jeremy held my hand the whole way through the airport. Jeremy got us a taxi and told him the hotel name. I texted my mom letting her know we were okay. When we get to the hotel, I'll give her a call. Since I wasn't old enough, Jeremy had to get us a room. I'm sure they thought we were married, by the looks they were giving both of us.

We went up to our room on the sixth floor. The room is beautiful and we get even better view of the mountains.

"I'm going to call my mom real quick." He nodded and I pulled up my mom's contact.

"You made it?"

"Yea we made it. Our view is of the mountains."

"Are you nervous?"

"Yea, but I think this will be good for me."

"I'm here if you need anything."

"I know momma thank you."

"And don't have too much fun."

"Mom." I groaned.

"Sorry, but I know you two have something."

"I don't want to talk about that right now."

"Fine, but as soon you get back."

"Okay, love you momma."

"Love you too honey." I hung up the phone and went over wrapping my arms around his waist.

"No matter what happens, I want to make this trip memorable for us." He said. I wanted to nothing more than to kiss him. I settled on kissing his shoulder blade.

"Let's order some food and get to bed." I nodded pulling away from him, not knowing what to do. I really just want to go back two weeks ago where everything was better. He ordered us food while I sat on the other bed looking for a movie. I want us to share the bed, but I want him to make the move. Finally, the food came, making things a little less awkward. I got my food and sat on the bed. Jeremy finished and got up getting something out of his bag.

"I'm going to shower." I nodded finishing up my food.

"Jer, I'm going downstairs."

"Okay." I heard him yell, while I grabbed a key and my phone heading downstairs. Once I was down there I quickly pulled up Ronnie's number.

"Hey."

"Hey." I said trying to hold back the tears.

"What's wrong?"

"It's so awkward and I don't know what to do. The whole way here, he held me and let me cuddle him. A little bit ago he told me, he wanted to make this trip memorable."

"You need to talk to him."

"I feel like he doesn't want to. We have a room with two beds, so I'm pretty sure we won't be sharing."

"Harlow, you need to talk to him."

"What if this was a mistake?"

"Stop it, this is going to be good for the both of you."

"Thank you for listening."

"I'm always here. Now, go have fun okay." I said my goodbyes before hanging up. It took me a couple of minutes, but I finally pulled myself together. Slowly I made my way back up to the room where he was watching TV.

"I'm going to shower." He nodded and I grabbed some shorts and tee shirt, going to the bathroom.

(Jeremy's pov)

She came in wearing my one of my old tee shirts. I'm sure she didn't even realize it was mine. I watched as she curled up on the other bed. She was hurting and it's my fault. I turned off the TV and rolled over, trying to go to sleep. After ten minutes of pretending I was sleeping, I heard her crying. Hearing her cry is the worst feeling in the world. Slowly I got out of bed and moved to her bed.

"Don't cry baby girl, I don't like when you cry." I pulled her into my arms and she curled up to me.

"Jeremy, kiss me." I tilted her chin up, pressing my lips against hers. Kissing her again, I felt at home again. Slowly I pulled away, pressing my forehead against hers.

"I'm never leaving you again. When I'm with you, I'm at home."

"Jeremy." I leaned in, silencing her with a peck.

"I'm so sorry, I disappeared. I just had to figure somethings out. When I first saw you that day in the cafeteria, I knew something was different." I pecked her lips again, rubbing my thumb across her cheek.

"Maybe I've always known, but now I know for sure. Harlow, I'm in love with you." She stared at me in shock.

"Say something."

"Jeremy, I've been in love with you since I was sixteen." She smiled leaning in pressing her lips to mine.

"I want you to be my girl."

"I've always have been." I moaned pulling her lips back to mine.

"Morning baby girl." I smiled pulling her naked body closer to mine.

"Morning."

"We should get some food, we got a long day ahead of us."

"I don't think I can eat."

"At least eat a piece of toast." She nodded and I pulled away a little bit to get the phone. I called room service while she stayed curled up to me.

"Can't we just stay this way?"

"Tomorrow." She pouted and I kissed her softly. I can't believe were going to be seeing her dad in a couple of hours.

(Harlow's pov)

We pulled up to my father's house and my nerves only increased. I squeezed Jeremy's hand trying to calm down, but it wasn't working. Slowly we made it up to the door and knocked. The door opened and a woman appeared.

"Hi, I'm looking for Jason Gray." A little girl came over, wrapping her arms around her mom's leg.

"Margo, go get daddy." She nodded, running off to get our dad.

"I'm Rebecca by the way and you are?"

"Harlow." I head the man say, looking right at my father.

"Harlow is my daughter." He said in shock.