Chapter 15

(Harlow 26 weeks pregnant) (April 2040)

"So have you guys thought of any names for the baby?" Ronnie asked.

"A little bit. I'm leaning towards Travis Nathan. Nathan is my poppa's name and we found out about the baby at his cottage. Travis is Jeremy's older brothers name."

"I didn't know he had a brother." I nodded.

"He doesn't like to talk about it much. Travis died when we were kids from a drowning accident."

"That explains why he's so into being an EMT."

"Yea he used to blame himself and sometimes he still does."

"Well I think that's a great name for your little guy."

"Thank you." I smiled rubbing my hand over my belly. Little man gave me a nice kick to my ribs making me groan.

"Thanks bud." I sighed.

"So, can I ask how you're really doing?" She looked at me and I frowned. Honestly, I was struggling with this pregnancy.

"I don't know. I always knew Jeremy and I were going to have kids one day. When I lost the baby my world got turned upside down. I didn't even know I was pregnant and if I did, could I've done something to prevent it. Would I have a little girl or was it two boy's? I don't feel connected to the baby like I should. I love him but as his mother I should love him more than this world."

"I wish I could give you advice but I've never had a baby before. You're going to love him more than the world when he is in your arms finally. I'm sure you're not the first mother to think this way either."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Harlow I really think you need to talk to your mom and Jeremy."

"Jeremy doesn't get it."

"What about your mom?"

"I don't know." I sighed.

The door opened and I heard Jeremy set down his things. I sighed seeing him come into the room. Last night he was on call at the station.

"Hey Ronnie."

"Hey Jer, I'm going to get going."

"We'll talk later." She nodded and left the room. Jeremy came over giving me a kiss.

"You really need a shower."

"In a minute, how's my little man?"

"He's good, saying his daddy really needs a shower though."

"Rude."

He gave me another kiss before getting clothes and going to take a shower. Little man gave me another kick making me groan in pain.

"What is with all the hard kicks buddy?" I rubbed the spot where he kicked trying to calm him down.

"I'm sorry. Mommy loves you and it will be okay."

Jeremy came in and curled up to my side, placing his hand over the baby.

"He's playing soccer in there."

"Buddy we have to be nice to mommy remember." He kissed my belly, rubbing it. I looked at his face and saw a cut on his face.

"What happened?"

"A board fell, but I'm fine." I frowned rubbing my thumb over it.

"You should sleep."

"When are we going to your parents?"