Chapter 6

"Harlow is my daughter." He said looking at me in shock.

"We'll give you three some space." The woman and the young girl walked away while I looked at my father.

"Would you two like to come in?" I nodded squeezing his hands. We went in the living room sitting down.

"So, I have a sister?"

"Yes." He nodded.

"Anymore siblings?"

"No, I only have you three." Honestly, I didn't know where to start.

"Can I ask why you're here?"

"Curiosity I suppose."

"Like your mom." He smiled.

"Yea." He nodded and I really took the time to look him over. Since the last time I saw him he looks a little older but still the same. He didn't have that cool uncle vibe anymore, I could finally see a father in him.

"Is this your boyfriend?"

"Yes, my name is Jeremy."

"Nice to meet you." I was getting angry. This wasn't about my boyfriend, it was about my father.

"Can you stop. I want to know why you left us. You left the day after I was born."

"Harlow." Jeremy groaned as I pushed back on him.

"No, I need to know." Jason was surprised by my outburst, but I'm sure he knew this was coming.

"It was extremely hard to leave. I wasn't ready to be a dad."

"That's why you had two of us? You weren't there for my mom when she was pregnant with my brother. Then you come back and end up getting me out of it. If you didn't want us then why come back."

"I wanted both of you, but I just wasn't in the right place. I don't know how much you know, but I wasn't a good guy when she got pregnant the first time. I didn't know how to be a father."

"And you think my mom knew what she was doing either?"

"No, but she had all the family support. Your mom had all the motherly instincts while I never got mine. When I spent my time in the hospital with you and your brother I knew you would be better without me. Yes, I know spent that year with your mom and we got you out of it. I don't regret having you guys and I know your mother doesn't either."

"Do you still want us?"

"Of course. I didn't think you guys wanted anything to do with me. Look Harlow, I was a terrible father to you guys and I regret it."

"What about them?"

"Rebecca and I are married. She knows my past."

"I'm not a mother or anything, but I still don't get it."

"It was a different time back then. I was a jack ass and just wasn't ready to be a dad. Your mom and I were not good for each other."

"Jer, can we go?"

"Yea sure." I got up and pulled him with me.

"Harlow, I'm incredibly sorry for what I've put you through in the past. I would like to get to know you and your brother, only if you let me. This is all on your terms."

"I need time."

"That's fine, I'll be here when you're ready." I nodded and quickly left the house. We got in the taxi and headed back to the hotel. Jeremy held me tight in his arms the whole way back to the hotel. Once we got there he pulled me out and we went up to our room.