Chapter 1

(September 2035, Harlow 16)

"I don't know what to do." I sobbed as my friend Bella pulled me into his arms.

"Honestly Harlow, you could do so much better than him."

"I know, I'm just going to miss the little things."

"You will find a better guy and he will give you that back."

"Thanks." She wiped my tears away and I pulled myself together. Bella is a good friend but she's not my best friend. I met her our freshman year when we had the same science class.

My door flew open and Jeremy stood there.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yea."

"Well I'm going to go." Bella said. She gave me a small smile and a squeeze on the shoulder.

"I'll see you later." She left and I looked back up at Jeremy. He came over and sat down on the bed next to me.

"How about we go see a movie together and get some ice cream?"

"I don't feel like going anywhere."

"Fine we will do it here." He smiled.

He quickly got up and left my room. I sighed changing into more comfortable clothes. A few minutes later he came back up with bowels of ice cream and chips. I put a movie on and went to sit down next to him.

"You know you don't have to do this?"

"I know but I don't like when your upset."

I finished up my ice cream and curled up to him.

"Where's Colin?"

"I think he's with that one girl."

"You should know her name, you're his best friend."

"Oh, really what's her name?" He smirked.

"Okay fine I don't know."

"And you're his sister."

"Oh well." We laughed and continued to watch the movie. I'm so thankful for my best friend.

"You tired?" He asked after the third movie. I nodded pushing my face in his neck. Most nights of the week Jeremy is in here curled up with me. Ever since we were little he's had terrible night mares. He had woken me up one night when he was crying at my door. I pulled him into my arms and he curled right up to me.

"Night baby girl."

"Night." He kissed my forehead and went right to sleep. I looked him over and saw all his worry lines finally go away. He always looked so peaceful when he sleeps.

A few hours later I woke up to him thrashing around.

"Jeremy wake up." I touched his shoulder and he didn't budge.

"Baby wake up." I whispered in his ear. He finally woke up and softened once he locked eyes with me.

"It's me, you're okay."

"Sorry."

"Want to talk about it?"

"Just my parents again."

"Your safe, you're with me." He rested his head against my chest and I held him closer.

I hate everything he has been through, I wish I could take away the pain. His parents were assholes. They never physically abused him, it was more the verbal abuse. He was never good enough, when in reality he was best on all his sports team and an honor roll student. Jeremy wants to be a firefighter or an EMT but of course his parents disapprove of that.