Chapter 7

Jeremy and I got in the car and headed to my parents' house. Right now, I really want to be wrapped up in my mom's arms. Jeremy dropped me off so he could go to the rig. I walked inside looking for my mom.

"Momma." I walked in where my mom was talking to my aunt Sutton.

"Your home." My mom smiled and came over pulling me into her arms. It's been a little over a month since I've seen her, I missed her so much. Tears filled my eyes as she held me tighter.

"Awe honey, you're going to make me cry."

"I miss you."

"I miss you too." I pulled away so she could look me over.

"I'm going to let you two catch up." Sutton gave us both a hug before leaving.

"Where's my sister and dad?"

"He's at work and she's at a friend's." I nodded as we went to curl up on the couch.

"What do you want to tell me first?"

"He has changed since the last time I saw him. Now he's married and I have another sister. We talked and he wants to get to know us. I don't know if I want that though. He's missed so much of my life. I still have some major things that will happen in my life, but still."

"It's up to you honey. Maybe you and Colin should talk. What does Jeremy think?"

"That I should take some time to really think about it and talk to you."

"I don't know what to tell you. He's your dad and I don't want to change your opinion."

"I think Jeremy is right. I need time to think about it."

"Tell me what's going on with you two." A smile came to my face when I thought of us together. He was so amazing the whole time we were there."

"Were together."

"And?" She smiled as if she already knew.

"I'm head over heels in love with him." She squealed, pulling me right back in her arms.

"I always knew there was something there. At first I thought it was a big brother thing, but then I saw the way he looked at you."

"What look?" I pulled away and looked at her like she was crazy.

"He always looked at you like you were his girl. There was a little twinkle in his eye when he looked at you."

"How did I never notice it?"

"You didn't see him that way."

"But still."

"Honey it's okay. You figured it out and now you two are together. Does your brother know?"

"No. I would really like to keep that quiet until I get to tell him. This is probably not going to go real well."

"It will be okay. He will see you two are good for each other."

"I hope so."

We spent the next hour catching up. I didn't realize how much I missed having my mom around. The door opened and I heard my little sisters voice.

"Sissy." I got up and went to wrap my arms around my baby sister.

"Your home." She held onto me before pulling away.

"When do you leave again?"

"Tomorrow morning." She frowned and I walked back into the living room with her.

"My girls."

"I really missed you guys."

***