Chapter 2

(July 2039) (Harlow is eighteen)

Tonight was one of the last nights I get to hang out with Bella. Pretty soon we will be off to college which is crazy. Bella leaves next week to her school since she plays volleyball, while I'm stuck here till the end of August.

"Damn Harlow you look hot."

"Thanks so do you." I smiled at her as I finished my makeup. I'm wearing a red dress that fits my curves all in the right places. My hair was in light curls along with my light make up. Bella was in a black dress with her hair straightened.

After a little bit, we finally left for the party. Once we got there Bella got us drinks off course. I took my shot slamming it back down on the table. Out of nowhere Jeremy comes up wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

"See this is my girlfriend." I looked at the girl and she looked desperate. The girl's nipples were basically hanging out the top of her dress. Of course, me being me I was going to help his little problem.

"What is going on here?" I glared at her.

"I told her I had a girlfriend, but she wouldn't believe me."

"I haven't seen you with her all night." She glared at us.

"I just got here." I smiled, turning grabbing his face pulling his lips to mine. Kissing him was not what I expected it to be, it was so much better. Slowly he pulled away and we both looked at the girl who was fuming. Jeremy pulled me closer, giving my forehead a kiss. Finally, the girl ran off and he pulled away from me.

"Thank you. I owe you one."

"Yes you do. Where is my brother by the way?"

"Um, I don't think he's coming."

"Really, that's unlike him."

"Yea, think he had a date tonight."

"Okay, well I'm going to get another drink."  He nodded and I tried so hard to move away from him. I could tell by his body language he didn't want me to go either.

"Shit sorry." Someone pushed against me, making me fall right into Jeremy. He held onto me tightly before crashing his lips back down to mine. I don't know what's come over us, but I don't want this to end. Before I knew it, I was lifted up with my legs around his waist. His lips moved from mine and made their way down my neck, making me moan.

"Jeremy." I moaned in his ear and he set me back down, taking my hand in his. We moved through the crowed, going upstairs to one of the empty rooms. He shut the door, pushing me against the door. Our hands were like wildfire exploring each other's body. I ripped his shirt off revealing his very sexy ab muscles. I've never been so turned on. He picked me up throwing me on the bed, before taking off my bra.

"I need you."

"I know baby, soon." I moaned at the sound of him calling me baby. It wasn't long before all of our clothes were scattered all across the room.

"Please." I panted and he finally pushed into me.

"So good baby." It didn't last much longer than that. He laid next to me pulling me into his arms.

"Harlow, I'm sorry." He looked worried

"What?" I was confused. Please tell me he doesn't regret it.

"It shouldn't have been that way."

"Stop we both wanted it."

"I know, but you deserve better." He was too sweet. This wasn't my first time and even if it was I wouldn't have cared since it was with Jeremy. Both of us are sober in this moment, we had little to no alcohol, it was pure attraction and need.

"Jeremy." I sighed.

There was pounding on the door and we quickly got up, pulling our clothes on. I was terrified it was my brother, but thankfully it wasn't. Jeremy pulled me out of the room and we went back downstairs.

"I think I'm going to go." I told him.

"Okay." He pulled me close kissing my forehead. Finally, I pulled away from him and headed back home.

Once I got home, I grabbed some clothes and went to take a shower. I cannot believe that happened with Jeremy. I guess I've always known there was something there, but I was not going to act on it. Jeremy is my brothers best friend and it just wouldn't end well. After a nice relaxing shower, I was in for a shock. Jeremy sat on bed looking sexy as ever.

"What are you doing here?" Yes, he usually stays with me but since Colin wasn't here I just figured he would stay in there. After that happened I figured he wanted space as well.

"I didn't want to end like that." He quickly got up, crashing his lips into mine. This time was so much different. We took our time exploring each other's body's. There's not one place on our body's that wasn't kissed or touched. Afterwards he pulled me into his arms. I curled up to him placing my head on his chest and an arm wrapped around him.

"Jeremy." I sighed.

"Sh, just go to sleep." He kissed my forehead while I kissed his chest. I nodded falling right to sleep, wrapped up in his arms.

Waking up the next morning I was hoping to find Jeremy, but he was gone. I got up pulling clothes on before searching my room for a note but there was nothing. This is the second time someone left me after having sex. I crawled back on the bed and pulled his pillow to my chest. Jeremy of all people I wouldn't think he would leave me. I don't even know what this means for us.

My door opened and I looked over seeing my sister.

"What's wrong?" She frowned.

"Nothing." She came over and sat on the edge of my bed.

"Breakfast is ready."

"I'm not hungry."

"You know mom will come up here."

"Olivia just leave me alone." I yelled at her and she left the room. I just want to be alone for now. After a little bit, I pulled myself together and went to take a shower. Memories came rushing back as the tears flowed down my face. He was so gentle and caring towards me. I pulled myself together and got out of the shower. I dried off and pulled comfy clothes on before going back into my room.

(Jeremy's pov)

I carefully pulled away from her making sure she stayed asleep. She is absolutely beautiful, especially after seeing her beautiful naked body. I quietly pulled on my clothes and went over kissing her forehead.

"I love you so much." I kissed her forehead again before leaving her room. I made my way to the fire house where I had my stuff. Things are definitely going to be complicated between Harlow and I so it's best to give it a little space.

"Hey man you okay?" One of guys from the rig asked.

"Yea just tired."

"Try and get some sleep before we get a call." I nodded curling up on my little bed.

I woke up to my phone going off. Hopefully it wasn't Colin freaking out on me.

Harlow's pretty upset. Maybe you should come over so we can cheer her up.

Working, sorry.

I honestly don't know what to say to him right now. It's not like I can just tell him, she's upset because we had sex and I left. Yes, I'm a huge asshole for doing that but I don't know what else to do. If her brother caught us or something else, things just wouldn't end well. Harlow deserves better than me anyways.

"Jeremy come on." I looked up and realized that there was an alarm going off.

"I don't know what's going on it that head of yours but get your shit together."

"Yes sir." I pulled my gear on and got on the truck. He was right I need to get my shit together, there's lives that I'm trying to save. As much as I love her and everything else, I need to do this for the both of us. We pulled up to the fire and I forgot about everything that happened.