Chapter 20

(Harlow's pov)

"Harlow, can I come in?" Jason asked knocking on the door.

"Yea." I sighed. The door opened and he came in sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I know you didn't want me to, but I called your mom. She needed to know you're okay."

"Its fine I was going to call her anyways."

"Not that I'm complaining, but why did you come here?"

"I've been struggling for a while. A few years ago, I had a miscarriage and I guess I never really got over it. A few weeks later I found out I was still pregnant. I was pregnant with twins and one of them survived." Tears filled my eyes as he pulled me into his arms. He didn't say anything, he just held me close. This is probably the second time he's held me since I was a baby.

"Thank you."

"Harlow, I want you here and I will help you to cope. Remember that there is a little boy that still needs you. I really don't want you to make the same mistakes I did."

"I know, I just need some time. I'm going to keep in touch with my son."

We sat there for a little bit longer before he left. I changed into pajamas before pulling out my phone calling Jeremy.

"Hello."

"Jeremy."

"What do you want?" He hissed.

"I just want to talk to Trav for a minute."

"Why?"

"What do you mean why? He's my son and I want to tell him good night." I was getting mad.

"Do you really think that's a good idea?"

"Stop it Jeremy, I will be coming home. Right now, I just need some time away from everything. I will keep in touch with my son." I hissed.

"Fine." I waited a few minutes before I finally heard Trav.

"Momma." I sighed in relief hearing his little voice.

"Hey baby, are you getting ready for bed?"

"Yea, miss you momma."

"Miss you too buddy. I love you so much."

"Love you."

"Okay baby sleep tight. I will talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay." I hung up and looked at the picture of me and my little man. This is going to be good for us, all of us. I sighed curling up going to bed.

I woke up feeling a little bit better about my decision. Of course, I miss my baby but I will be home with him soon enough. Sighing I got up and went in the kitchen where Rebecca was making breakfast.

"Morning sweetie, you hungry?"

"Yes, thank you." I sat at the table and she handed me the plate.

"Your dad is at work and Margo is at school, so it's just us."

"I'm sorry for just showing up last night."

"It's okay, we're glad you're here."

"I promise I won't be here long, I just need to clear my head a little bit."

"Well I hope you find what you're looking for." I nodded and ate my breakfast. My phone went off and I saw it was Jeremy.

"Hello."

"Momma."

"Hi baby, good morning."

"Morning, me see you."

"Later I'll face time okay. Give the phone to daddy and go have breakfast."

"Love you."

"Love you too bub." The line went silent for a minute then I heard Jeremy.

"Hey, can I face time him later?"

"Yea that's fine. I'll let you know when he's getting ready for bed."

"Thanks Jeremy."

"Just get better and come home."

"I will soon." I hung up and turned to Rebecca. She is great but she is nothing like my mom.

"You have a baby?"

"Yea a little boy, Travis." I smiled showing her a picture.

"Looks like you."

"Thanks, but I see his dad."

"Jeremy, right?"

"Yea."

"I have an idea, let's get your mind off some things and go shopping."

"Sounds like a good idea." She smiled and went to get ready for the day.

Today was good, I got some things for myself and my boys. Even though Jeremy and I are not together, he's still mine. Maybe once I figure all of this out, we can start over. We both want Travis to grow up with his parents together. Rebecca has also been great about not really talking about it, just enjoying our time.

"Margo should be home soon." I nodded taking my bags to my room setting them down.

(Jeremy's pov)

"Love you momma." Travis said before hanging up on her. I sat on the bed and took my phone from him.

"When is mommy coming home?"

"Hopefully soon bud."

"Why she go?"

"She had to figure some things out, but buddy mommy loves you."

"I know."

"Good, okay sleep time."

"Love you daddy."

"Love you too little man." I kissed his forehead before leaving his room. Lauren was in the kitchen rummaging around when I walked in.

"He asleep."

"Yea, he just got done talking to his mom."

"Do you think she's coming back?"

"Yea, she really needed this. I wish she would have told me or her parents but I get it."

"I don't."

"We lost a baby, then a few weeks later we found out she was pregnant with Trav. She really didn't get the chance to grieve and she took it really hard."

"I'm sorry."

"I'm okay."

"Should I go or do you want me to stay?" I smirked pulling her into my arms pressing my lips to hers. Lauren is beautiful don't get me wrong, but Harlow is out of this world beautiful.

"Jeremy." She sighed.

"Hmm."

"You okay?"

"Yea, just a lot on my mind."

"Well let me fix that."

"I'm pretty tired, let's just go sleep." She frowned but nodded. We went in my room and changed before curling up on the bed. I miss my girl.