Giving Back Love

Tuesday of the 15th Week of Ordinary Time

Imee Therese's POV:

"Imee, what should we do today?"

"Hu-huh...ehehehe...what are you talking about?" I giggled at Anthony's quick question. "I mean you're still recovering from your injuries...what can you do?"

"Well, Imee. I'm realized after my dream...that when we work together, we're unbreakable, just like Mother Mary said." Anthony explains. "After all that happened, I just want to do something where I can give back. I've always help you on your mission...how about you give me chance of doing something that God will be happy for it?"

"Ooh...I see." I make a grin at him. "So...do you want to take my place?"

"Hu-huh?! No! I still needing your help." Anthony blushes as he explains. "You have more knowledge and expertise more than I am."

"Well, okay. No problem." I smile to agree in his term. "Well, how about helping Father Jean to recover?"

"Yes, certainly."

Even he's still in bed, I could see in his eyes the determination to help his friend in need. Besides, Father Jean is the one that lead him to me...

As the day progresses, Anthony called Kyle to his hospital room to do something important....

"Oh! Hey, Anthony. What's up?" Kyle greets his friend with a smile. "Do you feel anything better."

"Why, yes. Certainly." My love smiles in reply. "Oh! By the way, do you have any updates on Cherry and her friends?"

"Oh! Yes, there is. They are now scattered around the region and spreading the Good News that Imee is telling to the people of this city. And you know, when she heard that we're hurt from the hostage taking, Cherry already hurried to this hospital to check you on."

"Wa-wait! Did you say she's already here?" I've become excited about Cherry. "I want to see her! I want to see her!"

I wanted to see my little friend that I didn't see for a long time. I just want to know how she fares in helping me in my mission.

"Imee! Imee!!!"

Then, a wheelchair is entered into the hospital room...Catherine pushes Cherry's wheelchair towards me.

"Ime-Imee...I mi-miss you..." Cherry's frozen and shaking arms embraced me. "Yo-you know...my fri-friends...ha-have ma-make...ne-new friends...the-they sha-share...Go-God's stories...to other pe-people...the-they will...go-gonna have...ca-cathecism...sta-starting...this co-coming...Su-Sunday."

"Great, sis! Thank you so much!" I giggled with joy. "I knew that you can do it!"

"But Imee, Cherry told me earlier that she is very worried about you." Catherine adds. "She wants to told you that if there's anything that she and her friends could help, especially for the seek for the recovery of Anthony and Father Jean, they are willing as far as they can."

Anthony and I smiles. Just as we needed help to aid our suffering friend, the fruits of our labor begins to bore. I've learned that Cherry's friends have been praying over us from afar since the hostage crisis was over...and now they are ready to give assistance for us.

"Imee...I kno-know...that...Fa-Father Jean...ne-needs...a lo-lot...if mo-money...to ge-get...his li-liver...fixed. Tha-that's wha-why...be-before I go...to the...ho-hospital...I to-told...my fri-friends...to ask...the-their...re-respective...churches...to ha-have...their se-second...recollection...to be...dedicated...for...Fa-Father Jean. If...I wi-will...no-not be...mistaken...the fu-funds...wi-will arrive...in a day...or two. "

"Oh! That's so great, Cherry! Thank you so much!" I can't contain the great joy that I have! Miracles from God have been showering right now!

"Well, Imee, Father Jean's condition is now in a stable condition so perhaps he will keep fighting until the operation will be set." Kyle explains. "All you have to do is sit and wait."

"Or...perhaps we should pray to God for his recovery?"

Anthony's suggestion makes us stop and think. After all that happened for the past couple of days, we didn't allot a time to reflect and pray to the Lord, especially for Father Jean.

"Hehehe! I almost forgot about it. My bad." I giggled in embarrassment. "Well then, shall we begin praying the rosary?"

"Yes, Imee."

And everyone bring out their rosary beads and start praying in Anthony's hospital room, facing to the Holy Cross and a portrait of St. Therese of Lisieux that hangs at the wall...what a coincidence with my room.

And as we pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Good Lord, I've come to realize something...something that I should have shared with my friends a long time ago. Well, I lost track about the Gospel reading for today, so I might as well speak my mind out.

"You know, guys, I believe that God wants that nobody must be left behind. The Good Lord visited me and Anthony in our dreams...and saw some of the people that believed in God's miracles through me is slipping towards Hell because they took those miracles for granted. Mother Mary even told me that it's not my fault that they neglected the true meaning of these miracles, but it's their's. But She added something in return...that if my actions is not enough to make people believe of the power of God, then I could have a chance to revise it."

"Our Good Lord crucified and died for the forgiveness of sins....and it is open not only for the selective few such as His 11 apostles, but also to all those who believed in Him. Well, because of all the actions that you've done to me, to yourselves, to each other...and to everyone around us. I could say perhaps that I'm not the only one who is the Servant of God...you all are. We should not stop offering our hand to those who are in danger of being dragged to hell but clings to the merciful rock of God. As long as the Good Lord remains in our hearts, even we are a sinful being, we could help people out of despair, depression and dangers of death...and lead them to safe and loving arms of God...for helping others to the right direction is also like helping the Good Lord walk His way to His destination...and for that, the Good Lord will be pleased on us.

After praying the Rosary, my friends left us to help Cherry collect the funds from the nearby churches so Father Jean could recover more faster. Right now, I'm putting Anthony to sleep...but...

"...sigh..." Anthony takes a deep breath, seems to be disappointed.

"Huh? What's the problem, Anthony?" I smiled to cheer him up. "You know, you shouldn't be keep a problem inside you before you sleep. It will delay your recovery from your wounds. You don't want to stay too long in hospital wound, won't you?"

"Oh! Sorry, my love. It's just I didn't do anything that I could help you all today, just like I've said earlier."

"Huh? What are you talking about? Hehehe! Anthony, you started a conversation to help our friend. You should always remember that small things shouldn't be underestimated. You know what God told me one of those days? He told me that you should collect all the small things that you've earned in this life...whether they are beautiful experiences or not. Don't let a tiny speck be left behind because when you gathered all of these small things...you've just created something that your friends and loved ones could be proud of. In this case, a small conversation that you started will lead to Father Jean's fast recovery. And you should be thankful about that."

"Hehehe! Maybe I'm just thinking too much." Anthony chuckles, feeling a bit embarrassed.

"Yeah, that's why you need to have more rest right now."

The lights went off, the door have been closed...and Anthony has covered himself with blanket as he finally lies down to sleep. As he slowly closes his eyes and goes into a slumber...I smiled at him. At last...from being zero...he became a hero: a cathecist, a guardian...a leader...he has done something more...

Perhaps...

Perhaps...

Perhaps...

Perhaps it is time that I will tell him the whole truth...

Three Chapters To Go!