Dialogue

Monday of the 4th Week of Easter

Imee Therese's POV:

"Hmm? Social injustice? Tell me more about it."

I was a bit curious about the cause that the Buddhist monk is fighting for...

"Well, you see, we had observed so many cases of graft and corruption in our society, stealing all the needed funds that is originally aimed for our marginalized families. After this dialogue, we are planning to have some mass demonstrations demanding the government to take action over the worsening situation of the marginalized, specifically the ouster of top officials that have found corrupt according to independent investigations...but are clinging too much to their power. And we are wondering...that perhaps you could join the cause."

His explanation make me think...God has make me a mission...to turn back His sons and daughters back to the arms of the church...and that also means that I need to tell them what is right and wrong. Well...God has performed miracles through me to justify both of that. But...joining in a radical action for change...perhaps is not what God is telling me to do. Yeah, I understand the plight of those poor men, women and children being neglected by the auspices of developement but...is it right that we need to put our lives at the line to fight for them. I know that...because I've once have my life put on the line...when I was shot...trying to calm the starving farmers...

"Hmm...you know what...you shouldn't be putting your lives on the line for a cause." I advised him. "Not at all times, demonstrations will be heeded...sometimes...it will be rejected...or in the worst cases, being displaced violently by the authorities. The thing here is this...issues might not be changed radically...it needs to be solved slowly...step by step. Issues here and everywhere are not to divide us...it must unite us. Perhaps let us all start with prayer and meditation...then, we should not resent our grievances...we should take action for ourselves. That will be the time that the government will be noticing our work and start helping us to end social injustice."

"Hmm...I guess you're pretty wise, Imee." The monk is impressed with my advice. "Well then, I'm looking forward to your views in our dialogue."

"Yes, certainly."

Quickly, the Buddhist monk silently left the room, leaving all of my friends in awe after our conversation.

"Wow, Imee. I've never seen you spoke like that." Catherine is amazed. "I mean I just know you about some interpretations of the Gospel...but not with that kind of good teachings."

"You know, there are times that important decisions in life which you can easily rely on your conscience." I explained. "God always tells you what is right...even you aren't able to open a Bible for a long time...you just need to think yourself in the place of others....just like what Anthony has done with the issues of the farmers."

"Yes, that's right." Anthony affirmed my stand. "I mean, everything might be turned into chaos again...and everybody will become a loser if I wasn't stand up and stopped the confrontation. But...you know...if it wasn't for Imee, I wouldn't have that courage to speak up."

I smiled...as I was given another praise from my beloved Anthony. Well...it's part of my mission to keep his faith to God. But for now...I'm looking forward to talking with some of the people with different religious views...to satisfy my curiosity about faith in different perspectives.

Wednesday late morning

Christian Anthony's POV:

While there are no devotees visiting our church at this point of the day, the Buddhist monk have gathered his friends from other religions: a Muslim Koran scholar, a Born-Again pastor, an Aglipayan bishop and an atheist scholar. With Father Jean on her side, Imee conversed with her guests. Though a bit dizzy by how deep are the arguments that they exchange, what I know is...their talk ranges from the existence of God, the basis of belief, their perspectives of peace, and the views of the afterlife, among others.

And when they take a break from the discussion, Imee called me to approach her...

"Well, what can I do for you, Imee?" I smiled and asked her.

"Oh, nothing. It's just...ehehehe...I'm a bit dizzy after all of the discussion." Imee just giggled at me. "I'm really curious about what they know about their faith...but my mind just can't take it."

"Oh...come on, Imee. You're pretty smart, you know! Hehehe!" I laughed back at her. "Okay...did you have realized something about their religions?"

"Hmm...let's see...well, all religions are committed to make their believers to have a better life...I know now how they fare on their faith...in one religion, there is many gods that represent almost everything that is important in a believer's everyday life...while the other, they need to pray five times a day facing their holy city. In one hand, you believe that the forces of life are dictated by the signs of the sun, moon, stars and the nature...on the other, it's only science which can save your life. There are so much to learn about them...but there one thing they have in common, all beliefs doesn't promote any violence...and wants to bring peace in our planet."

"Well, I guess you are really smart at all! Let's hope that they would indeed bring peace to our land. Oh, hey! How about we pray to our Lord God for it?"

"Oh...ehehehe...you've just hit my idea! Hehehe!" Imee responds with a giggle. "Sure! Let's start, my love."

Imee then started the prayer...

"Lord, we have learned a lot from our fellow brothers and sisters that, though have different beliefs and doctrines, has the same path towards you. We pray to You...that all of us, in the best way possible, will work hand-in-hand to achieve the peace that You wanted...and to which You are truly pleased. We pray that no blood will be further spilled from the battles which its means and ends are pointless. We pray that no innocent and defenseless men, women and children will be harmed by a shameless and terrifying acts of violence. Let the warring sides be enlightened...and realize that they have been doing more harm than good. Let them know how to solve their problems...and start over again...so that there would be nobody will shed a tear. Pray for us, O Lord...so that peace will be at long last be filled the face of the earth. Amen."