Spasm

Dedicated to lunachan532

The next morning,

Christian Anthony's POV:

"...ding...dong...ding...dong..."

I was awaken by the loud sound of the church bells...followed by the voices of the people praying outside...

"The Angel of the Lord declared to Mary: 
And she conceived of the Holy Spirit."

As Hail Marys were been said afterwards, I try to recall what happened last night...oh yeah, I starting to spend the night here in Imee Therese's small room. I slept in a mattress next to her bed...

"Behold the handmaid of the Lord:
Be it done unto me according to Thy word."

Then, that same night, Father Jean returned and told me that she complete assistance in her daily activities especially that she is prone to many complications because of her paralysis.

"And the Word was made Flesh:
And dwelt among us."

I accepted the responsibility wholeheartedly...since Imee promised to help me in regaining my faith with the Lord.

"Pray for us, O Holy Mother of God,
That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ."

I turned my attention towards Imee...I thought to myself perhaps she has been lying in that bed since time immemorial. I wonder if there's anything that I could help for her to see the outside world...huh?

"Pour forth, we beseech Thee, O Lord, Thy grace into our hearts; that we, to whom the incarnation of Christ, Thy Son, was made known by the message of an angel..." I noticed that her lips is uttering the same words as those praying outside. "...may by His Passion and Cross be brought to the glory of His Resurrection, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen."

I approached her bed to check her condition...her eyes are still closed after the prayers. I tried to wake her up by shaking her legs but...

"AAAAAH!!!!" She screams in pain as her legs shakes uncontrollably...even I quickly pulled my hand off it.

"I'M SORRY! I'M SO SORRY! WHA-WHAT SHO-SHOULD I DO?!?!"

"Do-don't worry...there's nothing...serious about it." Imee quickly reply. "Just wait...for my legs...to cool down..."

Imee closed her eyes very hard...as she endures the pain from her shaking legs...perhaps an effect of her paralysis. It take awhile before it slowly begins to slow down...and finally stops shaking. Seeing this, I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Imee, I'm so sorry about what happened." Then, I become so apologetic to her. "I really forgot about your condition...I'm so careless...I made you hurt so bad!"

"Huh? Wha-what are you talking about? Hehehe!" Imee opened her blind eyes, brushes off my fault, and giggles. "It's alright. Besides, I have used to this kind of pain..."

Upon hearing this, I started to feel pity on Imee...the pain on her legs are one of her sufferings that I noticed so far...being paralyzed from neck down...isolated on the bed for a long time...her eyes are blind...and she can't breathe on her own and uses a ventilator, more than I could bear. But look...despite those great difficulties, she still manages to smile like a little child.

"Umm...Imee, can I ask you something?"

"Hmm? Oh, sure. What is it?" Imee smiled at me and asks.