Policeman

Dedicated to len_kaito and Danicaaaly

Saturday of the Sixth Week of Easter

Christian Anthony's POV:

"Sir Gonzales, is that you?"

Suddenly, somebody from behind called me. I looked behind and saw...two of my former policemates that I've worked before...the people that left me rot in jail...

"Oh...hello..." I greeted them and turned my back on them.

"Come on, Sir Gonzales. Could we just talk?"

"Huh? After leaving me in the prison for five years without any support or whatsoever, do you want to talk to me?!" I raised my voice for a bit. "Besides, you shouldn't call me Sir Gonzales because I am expelled from the police."

The meeting has just reopened the wounds of the past...the people who has seemed to be trusted at first...but eventually left my hanging in midair...where nobody will help me...nobody will save me from grief, despair and sorrow...and there's nothing I could do to save myself...

"Excuse me, gentlemen. But is there something that I could do for you?"

Then I heard Imee's voice...trying to intervene with the situation. The two policemen looked at her and quickly bowed their heads in adoration.

"Oh! Ate Imee." One of the policemen greets her in adoration.

"Oh! How do you know my name, sir?" Imee smiles and asked them.

"Well, we've heard everything from local news." The other policeman replies. "Everything from converting the host into a human heart, making miracles in the sky on Easter Sunday...and curing a dangerous disease and preventing a wider epidemic."

Imee never asked another question to them...as she turns at me and smile...

"You know...you should remember what I told you earlier about forgiveness." Imee whispers to me. "How about you put that to the test?"

"But...Imee..."

"Don't worry, my love. It's never too late to accept an apology." Imee smiles sweetly at me. "Keeping a grudge into your heart will never make you move on in your life...and when grudge rises to a breaking point...perhaps you don't want to kill another person, would you?"

Tears formed in my eyes as Imee advises me...yes, I still have that grudge to my former coworkers...for leaving me to suffer the consequences of my actions all by myself...friends like are supposed to help me through thick and thin but...

Imee Therese's POV

"Well, what brings you here today?" Anthony finally asked them.

"Well, actually. We've been reassigned to this place." One of the policemen explains. "Ever since you have been jailed...the Director General has wanted us to do patrolling over this area for awhile..."

"Are you telling telling the truth...or did you just make an excuse because you really don't want to see me?" With disappointment still in his heart, Anthony raised his voice a bit.

"Huh?! Lying?! Do you think we're lying?!" The other policeman also raised his voice in return. "After teaching us how to be good for seven years, you're accusing us of lying?!"

Anthony didn't speak a word...as if he is devastated by what his former teammates had said to him...

"Guys, please...stop." I intervene with them once again. "Anthony...I don't know about what happened with you guys the last time you meet them but...from the tone of their voices, they really show that they still care for you. Even it is too painful to do it in your heart...you should understand them...and forgive them. Don't you want to give them a second chance to be your best buddies?"