Recruits

13th Sunday of Ordinary Time

Imee Therese's POV:

"I'm...Che-Cherry...May...Vi-Villanueva. Ni-nice to...me-meet you."

"Waah! Another friend! Yaay!" Everyone of us laughed as Catherine rushes towards Cherry and hugged her.

"Wow, Imee. You made another news around town after you make Cherry walk." Evangeline comments.

"Huh? I'm don't let her walk by myself...I just prayed to God to bless her." I smiled and clarify what really happened.

"'Hehehe! You're always crediting God for all the wonders that you've did, huh? Now that's what I learn from you...being humble." Joshua comments as well.

"Don't worry, you just need to accept whatever happens in your life and regard it as part of God's plan to you." Then I turned to Anthony, who is behind me. "By the way, thank you for believing in me, my love. If it wasn't for you, none of these would have happen."

"No problem, Imee. It's always be my pleasure to help you, milady." My love reciprocates by kissing my forehead, making me blush. "And you know, milady, we only make our outreach program a success, we also make more people that will help you fulfill your mission to God!"

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"Didn't you hear? Cherry is one of the most popular girls in the orphanage...and after you make her walk, she wants to repay you by inviting her friends there to become cathecists too!" Catherine then turns to Cherry. "Hehehe! You don't need to push yourself, sis. I tell her what you wanted to say to her."

The news fills my heart with great joy. I'm being giving with so much blessings from the Good Lord. Not only I have five people that will help me in spreading the Good News to people...perhaps it will be many! Many than I could ever imagine!

"Miss Imee! Miss Imee!"

And then, I heard a voice that is approaching towards us in the front pews of the church...until I just felt somebody's patting my head. I turned around...and it is Kyle, paying us a visit.

"Oh! Hello, bro!" Anthony greets him with a hug. "How do you do today?"

"Well, actually, I'm here along with a batch of youth from the orphanage wanting to see you all."

"Really?! Let's go then, right now!"

Christian Anthony's POV

I pushed Imee's wheelchair, as Kyle pushes Cherry's, towards the gates of the church along with our friends. There, we saw a group of twenty young-looking boys and girls from the orphanage. From their looks on their faces, they are really eager to see us.

"Hello, Ate Imee!" The kids greets her.

"Hehehe! Hello, guys!" Imee greets back with a sweet smile. "How's your day so far?"

"Pretty great, Imee!" A girl from the group responds. "We are so looking forward with helping you in the church! Hehehe!"

"Hehehe! Sounds cool, guys! How about we go inside and have some chat?"

Upon Imee's invitation, we let the group of youth into the church. There, we give them some instructions on how will they help Imee in her works...

"Well...there's only one rule for me, guys. And that's you must able to teach some kids the Good News." Imee instructed them.

"Yo-you know, Imee...we co-could...tra-travel to...mo-more places." Cherry suggests. "Ky-Kyle...and his relatives...ha-has money...to be able...for us...to go...pla-places...."

"Re-really?!?!" Imee is visibly excited with her idea then turns to Kyle. "Please, please, Kyle. Help them go to places! Give them some money, please?"

"Well...since I earned those from the job that nearly killed me... ehehehe...okay, then."

Everyone of us applaud Kyle's decision. Slowly, he clings away from the temptation of the past...and walk into the light of God.

And by the end of the day, the group of youth from Kyle's orphanage decided to split and travel across the rest of the region to spread Good News. Well, I will expect that everyone who will listens from them will be curious about the one who sent them so...

"Cherry, as much as possible, you should tell them about Imee." I whispered at her. "Tell them the miracles that she did to this city."

"Hu-huh? Is tha-that...cre-crediting...all the...wo-wonders...to he-her?" Cherry wonders and asks.

"Nope, milady. Don't credit miracles to Imee. She always says that all the miracles come from God and she is just His instrument to be able to make it happen...and miracles do happen to everyone as long as you have deep faith to God You should tell that to your students...and they will be satisfied."

"O-oh. I se-see..." Though it is difficult to do, Cherry smiles at me as a sign she understands it.

It would take awhile before results will show up, so I will just focus in helping Imee do her cathecism in the church.

At the end of the day, I listened to her interpretation of today's Gospel: about dedicating ourselves to the service of others...

"You know, Anthony, the only thing that we must do to be able to be acceptable to our Good Lord is to forgetting ourselves in serving the people." Imee explains to me in our room before going to bed. "For most of us, forgetting ourselves is the hardest thing to do...but that's the only way to understand why our Good Lord sacrificed His innocent life just for the sins of others He loves so much. Yes, the key is love for others.

"Remember what the Good Lord has given us as a new commandment, to love others just like He loves us? That's true service...serving your family, your friends, your enemies and everybody else you didn't know but asking for help...serving others for me is how you refresh yourself to the true plan of God to all of us...and serving others is like serving God which rewards us eternal gifts that you didn't  expect in life; that's why I'm so happy that our mission in spreading the Good News through any means has rewarded us with people who will help us in this great mission. I hope and pray that they will be successful with that."

I can see the deep happiness in Imee's eyes when she finish speaking...

"I'm glad for you, Imee." I smiled at her as I lift her from her wheelchair to her bed and cover her with blanket. "I'm one with you in praying for their success."

"Thank you so much, my love. Hehehe!" Imee replies with a giggle. "Come on, Anthony. There's a lot more to do tomorrow. Good night, Anthony."

"Yes. Good night, my love."