Antipolo

Ascension Sunday

Imee Therese's POV:

"Behold! The Our Lady of Peace!"

"Woah!" Everybody is amazed by what Father Jean is showing to my friends. Never mind me, I can always imagine Our Lady as a beautiful, pious, compassionate and extraordinary lady. But for now...

"Ow! My head!"

"Umm...Imee. Are you alright?" Anthony asks me with concern.

"Oh! Anthony, don't worry...I'm fine." I managed to smile at him while enduring a pain on my head. "It's just I might had...a case of migraine. I will go away later on."

"Well...I've helped you take some medicines so perhaps...it's just you're adapting with the weather today." Anthony replies back as he pushes me through my wheelchair. "But just tell me if the migraine hasn't be cured so Catherine and I will help you, okay?"

"Sure thing. Thank you, Anthony."

Well...I have already endured convulsions, cardiac arrests and a stroke...perhaps I can endure this simple case of migraine over my head...huh? Wha-what's happening?!

I can't see anything but...why I can feel myself dizzy? I can even hear my heart beating so fast! It won't tell me that I will go to the light but...something strong is calling me. Something strong...that...it...will...faint...me...

"IMEE! IMEE!!!" I hear the Anthony's fading voice as I faint...

Then, a vision appears in front of me...I was sitting in a small boat...alone...in the middle of a calm sea and surrounded by a mist. Then I saw a paddle before me...I took it and use it to row my boat towards nowhere...

I row...and I row...and I row...the road's seems endless...with the mist keeps on blocking my way...and I become exhausted...but I keep on rowing my boat as if I know where I am heading...until... from the thick mist before me...I saw a light gushing out from it that is pointed towards my chest...as if I telling me to stop rowing the boat.

I followed what my heart is telling me. I put down the paddle and stand at the boat. The mist then suddenly pushed aside...when a beautiful image approaches before me...a lady with a dark complexion, an enlarged eyes and an unbound hair. She wears a blue robes and cape...and has a glorious crown unto her head. There I realized...that Virgin Mary...has visited me again...

"Blessed are you, O Holy Mother of God. For you have giving peace to those who belie-whoa!!!"

As I about to knelt down to adore the Blessed Lady...the boat suddenly flips over...toppling me into the deepest waters. I struggled to keep afloat...but I begin to sink down. I begun to asphyxiate as the oxygen in my lungs is being replaced by water...I'm drowning...I'm dying...but I won't lose hope...I won't die...I looked up...to where the Lady is floating above me...and as I exhale my last breath...

"O Lady...I trust in You...my life...is in Your hands..."

And...the next thing that I knew...I was cradling unto the arms of the Blessed Virgin...as we float above the water...and She smiles brightly at me. I believed in Her so deeply...that She saved me from doom.

"Thank you for saving me, O Lady." I repay Her smile with a gesture of gratitude.

"No, Thank you for believing Me." The Lady replies as she sweetly patted me head.

Then the atmosphere suddenly changed...from the misty sea...it turned into a vast and luscious field of grass. We descend into the ground...as a breeze of fresh air has soothed me through the senses...

"My beloved child, the humanity has been a witness to the wonders that you allowed for the sake of My Holy Son...you've bring light to the world, you've took a bullet to end a life-threatening crisis of a community, you endured convulsion that have nearly ended your life...to end the suffering of others, you helped to forgive the sins of the dying...and bring them back to life, you make a child smiles, you bring back a friendship together, and you build bridges with brothers and sisters under one God."

I smile as the Holy Mother commends me. "You had fulfilled your mission according to His will so far...and He is very pleased to you. Therefore, I will reward you with something...please, don't decline it...for you shall see the world that you have started to change..."

Slowly, the hands of the Mother begun to glow. And before me, She slowly unfolded with it contains: two small but glowing balls. I don't know what how will this thing will do...but because it came from my loving and eternal Blessed Mother, I will accept it.

"Thank you, O Lady. Please help me to learn how this thing will help me in my miss-huh?" I looked up to the Blessed Mother to thank Her when I noticed...that her eyes are as clear as white. "O Lady. Is this really alright with you? Are you giving me...Your Eyes?"

"Yes, My beloved child." The Blessed Mother smiles sweetly at me. "It's now your time...to bring peace through My Eyes."

Accepting these gifts, the two small glowing balls begins to lifted up from my hand...and quickly goes straight through my eyes. My head then began to hurt again...but this time it is more painful than the migraine that I experienced earlier...until...until...darkness fell to me.

Then the voices came...the strong rain...the howling winds...and the screams of the people crying for help...I tried to open my eyes...and I saw everything...

"Imee! Imee! We need to get inside!" I saw Anthony, struggling to carry me and my wheelchair indoors. "There's a tornado coming towards us!"

But it was too late to carry me...as the howling twister of gust begins to inches closer directly towards us. With no possible help at sight, I closed my eyes for a bit...and uttered the same words when I was drowning in my dream.

"O Lady...I trust in you...our lives...is in Your hands now."

The winds slowly picking up every single light object that surrounds us, threatening to hit us...as Anthony clings to me and prepared for the worst...but then...

A shed of light radiates at us...as the tornado diverts its direction away from us...and keeping us safe from any harm.

"Phew! Thank God, that's a close one!" Anthony uses his arms to wipe his sweat out of his forehead. "Imee, are you alri-whoa!"

Then, my love is the first one to witness...that I can finally see the world...

"Imee, ca-can you see me?! Can you re-really see me?!?!"

"Yes, Anthony. I can see...everything now."