Tested By Fire

Dedicated to Caught_In_The_Daze , demysphinx and -YrishaStar-

Another Sunday Morning...

Christian Anthony's POV:

I took Imee out of her room in her electric wheelchair early morning...as I started to do some exercises...doing jogging to be exact.

"Huh? What are we doing at this time of the morning?" Imee asks and seems to complain. "Besides...my body's shivering!

"Well, we need to strengthen our resistance, Imee." I smiled with confidence to her. "We have another round of cathecisms today, right?"

"Yeah, I know. But how about me? You know that I can't wa-whoa! Whaaaa!!!!"

"I don't care! I just wanted you to breathe fresh air in your ventilator!" I started to jog fast while pushing Imee's wheelchair. "You've get stuck in room for a long time...perhaps that's the reason you always had that cardiac arrest and made me worry so much."

"I-I know that! Bu-but...co-could you please...take this a little bit slower?!"

"No can do, Imee! Hehehe!"

I let myself run around the church premises for about thirty minutes before returning back into the convent, where I found myself exhausted from all of those burned calories.

"Hmph! Who's laughing now!" Imee grins on me. "If you just listened to me earlier, probably you won't get tired so much today!"

"If you just know the real benefits of jogging, you wouldn't be in a wheelchair and can walk for good." I lowered my voice in disappointment.

"Oh...ehehehe...my bad."

Few hours later...

This morning, Imee is scheduled to make cathecism to a new batch of churchgoers after the mass. But perhaps this set is a bit tougher than the last time...well, of course...because Imee's next clients are coming from the working class...young adults to middle-aged. They have different stories about their faith in God...perhaps, Imee knows how to deal with them.

Anyway, the Gospel that Imee is about to explain today is from the Book of Matthew. It's a bit long but it's all about following the Laws of God...

"Following God's laws is almost the same as following the laws of the land. Perhaps...our laws are patterned with those of God's. But whatever it means, there's only one output, and that is to lead us to become a better person.

For example, Our Lord has directed us to love our enemies and brothers who had done bad to you. He even said that you should forgive them before offering praises to God. He loves us so much that He wanted to reconcile all of His warring children first before offering himself at the cross!