Closer

Monday evening...

Imee Therese's POV:

"Imee, I'm gonna lift you now."

"Hehehe! No problem!"

Anthony carries my paralyzed body into the electric wheelchair that he brought for me. For a long time, this is the first time I was moved from my bed...

"Umm...Imee, could hold your breath for a moment?"

"Hmm? What for? Remember, my neck's paralyzed so I can't breathe on my ow-uugh!"

Suddenly, air stopped from entering my lungs...Anthony pulled off the my tube to the ventilator!

"A-Anthony...th-the...ve-ventilator...I ca-can't breathe..."

"Just wait a little bit, trust me."

I struggled to hold the little air that I have left for a moment...until a new batch of fresh air entered through my lungs...the tube was reconnected.

"Phew, that was close." Anthony told me. "I was transferring your source of air to your electric wheelchair for it has a built in ventilator on your back. Sorry for harming you."

"Hehehe! It's fine. Thanks."

Then, I felt some straps that strangled my waist so I won't fall...before I hear the wheels starting to rolling. By my electric wheelchair, Anthony pushed me outside my room.

"We're now outside, Imee." My assistant notifies me. "Let's stroll along the church, shall we?"

"Okay."

Christian Anthony's POV:

I pushed Imee's wheelchair out of the convent and into the church, so we could continue our talk that we have earlier this morning. I sat in the front pew facing the altar, I placed Imee at the edge of it.

"Oh, Anthony, could you tell me where we are right now?"

"Well...we're in the church, in the front of the altar." I told her about our location.

"Oh...I see. Perhaps you already know where I need to go whenever I receive such great gifts like this electric wheelchair." Imee smiles at me in gratitude.

"Well...because your a devout person, no doubt about it." I winked at her. "I always admire that brave and righteous personality like you."

"Oh! Ehehehe...thank you." Imee giggled on my compliment. "Hmm...by the way, Anthony. I'm curious about your job as a policeman. I heard that you're pretty awesome back there."

"Hehehe! Sure I am!" I chuckled and boasted my past. "I mean I'm the one who beats the bad guys: capturing suspects, busting drugs and other illegal stuff, and killing fugitives if...it...is...needed...huh?"

And as I finished telling her my former job description...I saw Imee pouting...then grining at me.

"Huh? What's the problem, Imee? Did I say something bad to you?"

"Well...did you just said...you killed somebody?"

"Wa-wait! I-It's no-not what it looks like!" I stuttered and my face blush as Imee makes an evil grin on me. "I need to kill...I mean neutralize them because the resisting arrest!"

"Ha! You're trying to hiding it! Huehehe! Not to mention that you didn't tell this to Father Jean!" With an evil grin, Imee scolded me. "But don't worry, I'm here. I'm will pray for you."

"Hmph! As if you didn't committed a single sin!"

Imee Therese's POV: