Child

3rd Sunday of Easter, Morning

Imee Therese's POV:

"Lalala...lalalalalala...lalalalalalalala.."

Ehehehe...my bad. I just keep myself less bored by humming my favorite song "Something More". Right now I was left alone here on my room, because Catherine and Anthony are out to the mall for a moment to buy some foods and stuff for our daily needs...

"...creep..."

But...the door of my room went open...within moments, I just felt that somebody holds my left arm...swinging it up before quickly putting it down to the bed...same with my left leg...raising it up before gently laying it down. And when it seems that this would be awkward...

"Umm...hello? Is somebody there?" I tried to call the attention of the trespasser but...

"AAAAAAH!!!!" The trespasser screams in horror...

"EEEEEEEK!!!!" ...and so do I, startled by his own shriek.

After a brief commotion, we quickly settle ourselves down, taking a deep breath before speaking out...

"Oh, geez! I'm so sorry! I thought you're a wax figure!" I heard a voice from a kid, apologizing to me.

"Hmm!!!" But I pouted my face at him...he just insulted me!

"No, really! I really thought that you are a lifesize wax figure! I swear!"

From the tone of his voice, I'm convinced that he's telling the truth...so I finally smiled at him.

"So, what can I do for you today?"

"Well...I'm lost from my parents because there are lots of people praying at the church now." The boy replies. "And before I know it, I was in the convent...so I try to stay here for awhile until the church will not be jampacked anymore."

"The church filled with people? Cool!" I was so amazed...more people are flocking to the church since the first miracle...but I didn't realize what just happened to the boy. "Wait, did you say you're lost? We need to find your parents right now!"

"But...how would you do that? You're paralyzed and blind, not to mention that you're stuck on some machines?"

"Wo-woah!!! Ho-how did you know my condition?" I smiled as I was startled by his preemptive knowledge.

"Well, I'm an avid fan of yours, Ate Imee! Hehehe!" The boy chuckles and finally confesses. "You're so cool when you do those wonders with the Transformed Host...then with the colors at the sky last week! How did you do that?"

"Well, my child...those are not magic tricks. That's the manifestations of how God loves us so much...that these supernatural events just happen right before our very eyes...and I'm just helping Him to do it."

Then I motivated the boy. "But, my child, even in the smallest things, God could make such miracles to all of you, you just need to pray and believe in Him."

"Yes, Ate Imee! I understand."

Then, the door went open again....

"Hey, Imee! Were bac-whoa!!!" Anthony greets me, then saw the child that I was talking to. "What are you doing here, little kid?"

"Hey! I'm not a kid! I'm a grown-up now!" The boy refutes.

"Hehehe! Don't fight, guys. He's just passing-by." I smile to calm them down. "We just have some light talk, that's all. But right now, we should find this kid's parents."

"Oh, yes. Certainly." Anthony agreed. "Do you want to join with us?"

I simply nodded...

Catherine's POV:

Anthony carries Imee in her wheelchair before approaches the boy...

"Come, let's find your parents together." Anthony tells the boy.

"Yes. Thank you, Kuya Anthony." The boy smiles at him.

"Whoa! How did you know my name?"

"Well, Anthony, it happens that this boy is one of those people who have returned to our faith since the Eucharistic miracle happened some months ago." Imee explains to him.

"Oh...I see." Anthony smiled at the boy. "Did you already start praying?"

"Yes, sir!" The boy smiles back brightly.

We took the boy back in the church, as we try to find his lost parents...and here they are...just waiting outside the church doors...

"Thank goodness, you finally found him!" The boy's dad exclaims and hugged his son. "Where did you found him?"

"Umm...he was lost at the convent and happens that to pass by my room." Imee explains. "He bring no trouble to me...but I apologize for worrying you."

"No worries, madam." But the boy's father starts to recognize her. "Wait...are you...Miss Imee Therese Villaflor?!"

"Yes...yes I am."

"Oooh...I'm so lucky that I met you, you're my hero!" The boy's father then kissed Imee's hand in adoration. "But...Miss Imee, I need your help?"

"Hmm? Tell me what is it?" Imee smiles at him.

"I'm so concerned about my people...our food is not enough to feed for a few days." From the message he is telling to Imee, perhaps the boy's father is also a leader of a certain community. "I fear that they will be starved days from now...if you could just...do the same miracles as you did..."

"Well, I could do something about that..." Imee replies. "I will come to you in the best possible time, but please...don't always rely yourselves to me...if you want to experience miracles, pray to God, please?"

Felt disappointed, the boy and his father went in their way...as the father utters inaudible words before leaving...I felt insecure on Imee right now.

"Umm...Imee, I'm feeling not so sure about that guy." I voice out my concern to her. "Perhaps he is doing something else for you so...we better watch our own backs..."

"Yes, I suppose." Anthony agrees with me. "Don't worry, Imee. I will protect you, no matter what."

"Thank you, guys...but I know in my heart that man is not holding a grudge on me...perhaps he's disoriented and helpless...I just wanted to tell him that there's more than one who could ask for help..."

Anthony and I smiled at her...in the face of doubt, she remains confident and hopeful about the things to come...

And as we return back to Imee's room to have some lunch...

"Imee! Imee! Somebody want to see you!"