The Demon Within

Ash Wednesday

Father Jean's POV:

"AAAAAAARGH!!!!!"

A boy has just collapsed in front of the church this afternoon. And then, he broke loose...he starts to scratch and bite his own skin...his gestures on his face and body changes in most disturbing voice...and his voice...it sounds...terrifying...

"AAAAAARGH! LET GO OF MEEEE!!! I'LL KILL YOU AAAALL!!!!"

As of the moment, we have left no choice but to strangle him in a chair and isolate him in a room to prevent him from hurting somebody...just like what he did with a nun a bit earlier. I've been praying at him for minutes now with the nuns...and there have no changes on the boy's situation.

"Father Jean! Father Jean!" Imee, Anthony and Catherine then enters the room. "Father, are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. Now can you please step back? Because I'm gonna perform an exorcism in this boy. He's being possessed with an evil spirit."

"HA! YOU CAN'T TAKE ME OUT!!!" The boy replies in a monstrous voice. "DO YOU THINK THAT YOUR EXORCISM OF YOURS WILL WORK ON ME?!?!

"WHY YOU LITT-" Imee becomes visibly pissed off by the boy's attitude, but...

"Control yourself, Imee." Anthony steps in and calms his partner down. "Let Father Jean do his thing first."

"...sigh...alright..."

Christian Anthony's POV:

Father Jean then puts out a missal...and a bottle with a cross in its body. Amidst the violence that the possessed boy is having..Father Jean is brave enough to make a sign of the cross on boy's head...and place the stole on the boy's neck...before he starts to chant...

See the cross of the Lord; begone, you hostile powers!

The stem of David, the lion of Juda's tribe has conquered.

Lord, heed my prayer...and let my cry be heard by you. 

The Lord be with you...and with your spirit

Let us pray.

God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, I appeal to your holy name, humbly begging your kindness, that you graciously grant me help against this and every unclean spirit now tormenting this creature of yours; through Christ our Lord. Amen. 

"BWAHAHAHAHA!!! OH! COME ON, MAN! YOU COULD DO BETTER THAN THAT!" The possessed boy taunts Father Jean...but he didn't make himself bothered with it.

Then I glanced at Imee, who was pissed off earlier with the possessed boy. I saw her...her head is bowed and her eyes are closed...as she utters her silent prayer unto God. Perhaps, she prays to help Father Jean in throwing out the evil spirit from the boy...

I cast you out, unclean spirit, along with every Satanic power of the enemy, every spectre from hell, and all your fell companions; in the name of our Lord Jesus + Christ. Begone and stay far from this creature of God.+ For it is He who commands you, He who flung you headlong from the heights of heaven into the depths of hell. It is He who commands you, He who once stilled the sea and the wind and the storm. Hearken, therefore, and tremble in fear, Satan, you enemy of the faith, you foe of the human race, you begetter of death, you robber of life, you corrupter of justice, you root of all evil and vice; seducer of men, betrayer of the nations, instigator of envy, font of avarice, fomentor of discord, author of pain and sorrow. Why, then, do you stand and resist, knowing as you must that Christ the Lord brings your plans to nothing? Fear Him, who in Isaac was offered in sacrifice, in Joseph sold into bondage, slain as the paschal lamb, crucified as man, yet triumphed over the powers of hell. Begone, then, in the name of the Father, + and of the Son, + and of the Holy + Spirit. Give place to the Holy Spirit by this sign of the holy + cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, who lives and reigns with the Father and the Holy Spirit, God, forever and ever. Amen. 

Lord, heed my prayer...and let my cry be heard by you. 

The Lord be with you...and with your spirit

Let us pray.

God, Creator and defender of the human race, who made man in your own image, look down in pity on this your servant, now in the toils of the unclean spirit, now caught up in the fearsome threats of man's ancient enemy, sworn foe of our race, who befuddles and stupefies the human mind, throws it into terror, overwhelms it with fear and panic. Repel, 0 Lord, the devil's power, break asunder his snares and traps, put the unholy tempter to flight. By the sign + of your name, let your servant be protected in mind and body. Keep watch over the inmost recesses of his + heart; rule over his + emotions; strengthen his + will. Let vanish from his will the temptings of the mighty adversary. Graciously grant, 0 Lord, as we call on your holy name, that the evil spirit, who hitherto terrorized over us, may himself retreat in terror and defeat, so that this servant of yours may sincerely and steadfastly render you the service which is your due; through Christ our Lord. Amen. 

Father Jean performs exorcism...but the ritual seems to have no effects on the possessed boy. Instead, he makes a threatening smile over us...as Father Jean continues with another prayer of exorcism...

"I adjure you, ancient serpent, by the judge of the living and the dead, by your Creator, by the Creator of the whole universe, by Him who has the power to consign you to hell, to depart forthwith in fear, along with your savage minions, from this servant of God, who seeks refuge in the fold of the Church. I adjure you again, + not by my weak-uugh!!!"

"FATHER!!!" The possessed boy manages to break his hand free from his strangled chair and chokes Father Jean in the neck...asphyxiating him. Catherine and I comes in aid to brake the priest free from the strong hand of the boy.

"He-hey! Get off him!!!"

"BWAHAHAHA!!! BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN UNTO ALL OF YOU...IN THIS CHURCH...AND IN THIS COMMUNITY!!! AND ALL WILL BEGIN WITH THIS PUNY PRIEST!!! BWAHAHAHA!!!!"

Imee Therese's POV:

"Lord...I don't understand...why there's bad spirits messing our lives...You know that we're just innocent..."

I began to plea to the Lord about the boy...

"Why this spirits has so grave intentions unto us...is this really part of our life, Lord? Is there a need to experience evil in our lives...to learn about the true reality of this world? Sigh...I pray to you Lord...that the lost soul that possess the boy...would leave him alone...and never come back. Ugh! I can't see this innocent boy suffer any longer...with something that he didn't do! I want to take that Demon out of his body! I really want to...huh?"

Then a light shines below my line of sight...I looked down and saw...that the wounds in my hands that I received today...is glowing. Then I hear a motherly voice...

"Just as like the Lord has resisted the temptation of the Devil in the desert for 40 days, the boy must resist all what the Devil is telling him to do...and the Lord will bring you the strength to help him..."

Then a tongue of fire came down from above...my hands then suddenly raised...to receive that tongue...which began to sink in unto my hand. I smiled...the Lord has entrusted me with a new responsibility...whatever it may be...I hope it would help the boy...

After that darkness falls...and the demonic voice rose up...I felt the evil spirit glancing towards me...

"WELL...WELL, PERHAPS THERE'S ANOTHER ONE WHO WILL CHALLENGE ME...OTHER THAN THIS PUNY PRIEST!"