Chapter 36

(A/N; Can we just- ^^^^)

You were walking along the old crumbly path of your childhood town. The smell of sea was strong and you could see the water from behind the building from the top of the cobbled hill. Your parents had moved away from here when you were 17 so you had forgotten what it was like to be here. It was a very tourist-y place all year round so it would often get crowded, though you didn't mind. Dan had agreed to come see it with you today on the way It was a very quiet and quaint little 'village' almost. Something you'd expect in a cutesy children's illustrations book. You strolled through the small street you had spent many evenings after school playing tig/tag/catch, ding dong ditch and hopscotch.

The little tourist shop was open. It was filled with the usual tourist stuff, magnets, t-shirts & stickers, but what drew everyone in was the smell of the creamy ice cream coming from the back of the shop. No one could resist walking past the shop. You used to get a cone there every Friday after school if you had behaved that week. You were very rarely told you weren't allowed any and you would settle for no other than I/C/F (ice cream flavour, what's your favourite? Mines is Mint choco-chip FITE ME)

''Wanna get some ice cream?'' You suggested, looking hopefull. You looked up at Dan and smiled. ''You know me so well'' He laughed. Grinning, you led him into the old shop.

(Is this a popular place somewhere else?? Idk it looked cutesy)

You entered, the fresh smell of their special, one-of-a-kind ice cream taking you by surprise. You forgot what it smelt like which took you straight back to your childhood.

***Flashback***

''C,mon Y/N! Jack laughed, grabbing you by the hand and dragging you in. (make this JackSepticEye if you want, i'm imaging it as him but if you don't wanna then don't :) )

''I'm coming, I'm coming!'' You giggled, feeling that familiar feeling in your stomach whenever he touched you. Being a five year old, you had no idea what that feeling meant.

"Hi Mr.Willow, the usual please!" Jack perked up, the little five year old boy standing on his tippy-toes, awing at the ice cream displayed in front of him.

"Have you behaved this week?" He peered over the counter, smiling at you both. "Of course Mr.Willow!" You smiled.

He scooped the ice cream and handed it over to you. "Now, don't you two get into any mischief!" He chuckled before serving the people behind you.

"The den?" You asked hopefully. "The den" He nodded and started walking towards the forest. After following the trail, going off the path and into the trees, pushing back many branches and crawling under the fallen down tree, you came across The Den.

The Den was a circle of trees with wooden planks duct taped to the trees above you. His father was a construction builder, so sneakily stealing these supplies out the back of his van was never a problem when one broke. You had stood up planks to make a wall and decorated the outside with broken down sticks with leaves still attached and changed them regularly.