Chapter 27

(A/N: Change in story line: You and Dan haven't said "I love you" yet because you have only known each other for 2 weeks and in my eyes that's not long enough but idk about love because I've never been in love)

"Y/N, Dan, what happened?!" Zoe asked as you and Dan entered, shaking and laughing uncontrollably.

"I.. I don't even know!" You laughed.

"Jesus, your both drenched!"

"I know, let's have a huge sleepover! It's the second last night here. We can't have one tomorrow because most of our flights are at, like, 3am"

Everyone agreed enthusiastically and decided to meet back at the Zalfie room in half an hour.

~~~

"Daaaaannnn, I want a onsie" You whined, rolling on the double bed in his room. He laughed and chucked his Totoro onsie at you, which resulted in it covering your face.

"I'm freezing, Jesus Christ" You lifted the onsie from your face to show a topless Dan.

"Mmh, mmh, mmh" You mumbled. "Shut up!" He giggled putting his pikachu onsie on.

"Let's a go!" Phil shouted from outside the door, impersonating Mario. "Comin' ya dork!" You shouted. You heard a small giggle.

"I'm so happy we've all moved on" You whispered gleefully to Dan. "Me too" He quickly reached for you hand as you all walked to Zoe & Alfie's room with covers held under your arm.

~~~

After a night of tOP NOTCH BANTS, everyone was slowly heading to sleep. Zoe and Louise were sound asleep, Alfie and Phil were scrolling endlessly through Twitter, Facebook and Instagram whilst you and Dan were having a random whispering talk.

You were sleeping on the surprisingly comfy carpet next to Dan. You were both laying on your sides, facing each other.

"So, uhh, you know that whole 'truth' thing?" He asked nervously. Well, this chat had took an unexpected turn. "Oh, uh, yes I do" Your eyes looked around the room, focusing on anything but Dan.

"It's kinda silly"

"Well, you made a bit of a big deal about it" You laughed nervously.

"Do you remember meeting me before VidCon?" He asked, grasping your wrists.

"I don't think so" You answered, anxious to see what he said next.

"Well, we have. Do you remember telling someone something important in a lonely Starbucks?"

*Flashback*

"Okay!" You shouted gleefully to Joe as you exited his apartment. The fake smile you had plastered on your face quickly disappeared. "It's stupid Y/N. He only cancelled your night out because he's worried about you. But, I was looking forward towards it" You sighed as you entered the almost empty Starbucks.

"2 PSL's under the name Y/N please" You shivered, thankful that this warm festive coffee shop protected you from the freezing wintery aroma outside.

You turned around and walked away quickly but only to bump into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry" A voice grumbled from the man who knocked you over. "Oh no, it's okay" You accepted his hand to help you up. He gripped it tightly to help you and you winced slightly.

Joe never ment to do it. He just... really never wanted you to leave the house that night. It was a Saturday anyway. You remembered him grabbing your hand tightly as you tried to leave, how you protested.

"Sorry, did I hurt you?" The stranger asked. "What, um, no" You answered emotionless, shoving your slightly bruised hand in your pocket and walked quickly towards the toilets. The door swung open and it lead you into a small hallway with a grey carpet and cream walls.

"I'm sorry, did I do something? You seem upset" The man asked, his hood still covering his face.

"It-It's not you" You trembled. "It's just that-" and just like that, you burst into uncontrollable tears and told this stranger everything. About how he almost controlled you life, you had close to no friends left and how it felt inescapable.

"I don't know anything about you, but this seems like an unhealthy relationship. It's... not safe. I know it's not my place to say, but I really think you should end this. It's your decision, of course but it just doesn't seem okay" He ranted to you as he awkwardly patted your back.

"Thank you" You mumbled, and before you could say anything else, he speed-walked out of the store and you never saw him again. The voice, although it seemed different, also seemed familiar.

*End of Flashback*

"That... That was you?" You asked shakily. "I guess so" He looked at you with a slight smile. "I covered my face because we had just finished filming PINOF6 and I couldn't get the sharpie off my face. It looked weird" He giggled. "I was browsing through YouTube one day and I saw your face again. I remembered you"

"Thank you Dan" You hugged him as hard as you could. "You're the reason I left him. I realised that it wasn't right" You heard him gasp slightly. "Seriously?"

"Seriously. Thank you, thank you, thank you" You whispered, and thanked every lucky star there ever was that you met Dan Howell.

------------------------
A/N: Yeaaaahhhhh, so I feel like that whole dramatic 'truth' thing was underwhelming???? Idk.

I have you two updates today b'cause I probably won't have another one for about 4 days SORRY. I have a dress rehearsal tomorrow and then shows every night after that for 3 days. (Busy Malone btw) So I'll have school, then straight to the venue to get ready, then perform and I'll be too exhausted to write. For three days. Sorry again but I hope you understand

ALSO 21K READS IDEK ANYMORE THANK YOU PEEPS I love you all ❤️

Also, I forgot to mention this ages ago and I just remembered as I was writing 😹 When J was on the roller coasters  in Italy, is it sad that to calm myself down just before the drops, I sang Dan's diss track because I was so excited and had to express it somehow??? Idek this is my life now.

Love - L x