Chapter 16

"ALERT! Please make your way to the lobby where we will lead you to our underground bunker."ALERT! Please make your way to the lobby where we will lead you to our underground bunker" A voice boomed throughout the hotel.

Hundreds of youtubers were crashing down the stairwell, and at some point, Dans warm hand left yours. "Dan! DAN NO PLEASE!" You heard his faint shouts in the distance and made eye contact for a millisecond, before losing sight of him.

You continued to screech as you were pushed down the stairs. Bits of dust and small concrete pieces were getting in your eyes. " Dan..." You sobbed and hurried down the stairs, not wanting to fall and get trampled to death.

"Y/N, I gotcha" Dan grabbed your waist from behind.

As you entered the lobby, several staff members were ushering you into an underground bunker.

"Dan, but Zoe and Alfie and, oh no we can't go without Phil!" You sobbed.
A scream echoed through the lobby as a large part of the ceiling fell.

"There's nothing we can do" Dan lifted you and continued crawling into the bunker.

•••••{Earthquake is ending}•••••

Your eyes were shut tightly as the last few rumbles shook the ground. You felt Dan clinging onto you. Everyone was huddled together in this cold, stone bunker. After a minute or so of no rumbles and complete silence,

"Is it... Is it over?" A small meek voice came from the other side of the room.

"Zoe? Zoe!" You stumbled over bodies and collapsed into a hug. "Zo, your okay"

"Please remain seated" the stewardess instructed everyone but glared at you.
You returned to Dan and sat on the cold stone bench. A few staff members crept upstairs. "Everyone, please follow us" on your way up the stairs, Phil, Zoe, Alfie, Louise and Marcus shouted on you. "Oh my gosh, you guys" You ushered round them, hugging them vigorously.
"Get off, man" You saw Phil shrug Dans arms off him.
"Phil, what the hell?"
"Just leave me. Not in a good mood"
"Phil, what's happened?" You asked.
"Nothing."He replied so sternly that it shook you and shut everyone up.

•••••{Youtube's base}•••••

"Guys, as you've probably already guessed, Vidcon is postponed due to the earthquake. We've decided there is no point sending you all back home just for you to all come back a week later. So, your going on a trip to Italy! Please, think of it as bonding time. The people who had tickets will be invited for free and others or them can buy tickets for the rest of the week"

You couldn't help but grin. You knew you shouldn't, but as you glanced around, almost everyone was. Italy! The country of cheese, pizza and ice cream/gelato! As a food lover, it was your dream destination.

The speaker told you about your arrangements and left. You would stay in a hotel in New York and fly there from the JFK airport. A night in New York! People started milling around and an excited buzz filled the room. "We're going to Italy!" Dan squeezed your hand. You had been holding hands for over half an hour and it was sweaty. You let go of his hand and rubbed it against your leggings.

"Ey, ey, get back here" he grabbed your hand and grinned.

As you approached your group, you got many confused looks from others. You realised, this was the first time you had shown your affection in public.

"Skank" someone shouted over a cough.

"Using Dan? Low" someone shouted, a voice that sounded like Tyler.
"Ignore them" Dan kissed your forehead.

"He doesn't actually love her I bet" At least Joe tried to cover it up. When he realised we had heard him and spotted him, he scurried off. But you had to talk to him. You looked sympathetically at Dan and his slung arm. You were fuming. You raced over to the corner Joe had retreated to.

"Joe, can we talk?" You tapped his shoulder to catch his attention.

"Sorry, busy. But I'd like you to meet Eilidh. She's a small Youtuber." He kissed her cheek.

"Have fun" You scoffed and let them be. You'd warn her later, but not here in front of everyone.

"Hey" You walked over to the group which Dan had joined. "What was all that about?" Dan asked. "Oh, nothing. He has a girlfriend, by the way" You announced.

Joe glared at your group and stared at you. Dan noticed and pulled you in by the waist, placing a kiss on your forehead. "Protective Dan is the best Dan" You whispered to him. You both grinned at your remark.

------------------
A/N:

Ummm I'm going to Italy in two days!!!!!! (It's Wednesday, 11pm and I leave on Friday at 8pm um yay)
TATINOF DOCUMENTARY AND SHOW PREVIEWS ARE OUT AND IM DYING ITS AMAZING IM SO HAPPY I WANT TO CRY!!!
I had a horrible day and I almost had a mental breakdown at my Theartre group today and felt like crap and I watched it and I feel amazing now.
Also, feelings suck.
I'm soooo excited for Italy. I have a notes folder where I'll write what happens everyday, go to my hotel at night and write a chapter where you and Dan done that. My second abroad holiday AAAHHHH. I love planes, maybe not when they're taking off but the view. And I'll get to see all the stars!

Okay, life rant over LY guys

Also 200+ reads like WHAT Ty so much guys ❤️❤️❤️

Also can we appreciate this

Not my pic, credit to original artist

Love - L X