Chapter 34

"Oh mum, I missed you" You spoke into her soft lilac cardigan as she embraced you in a hug. "Me too darling" She spoke, her voice calm and collected as always. "Your father's in the kitchen"

(Why am I making these parents so posh idk JUDGE ME)

"Dad!" You walked over to him, arms open and a smile plastered on your face. "Y/N!" He put his newspaper down on the counter and rose off the wooden kitchen chair. "It's been too long" He complained, hugging you tightly.

"Y/N..." Your mum and dad exchanged excited glances together. "Would you go put your suitcase in your room please?" Your mum suggested, trying hard to hold back a grin. "Umm, sure" You picked your suitcase up and gave your mum confused looks as you made your way upstairs.

You glanced at the family photos which your dad had put up on the wall, much to your teenage protests. Now, they filled you with happiness remembering these cherished childhood moments.

The one you hated the most was still hung up, slightly slanted. You straightened the frame and giggled slightly at it. It was you, seven years old, competing at a pie eating contest at the community's fair day. Your face was covered with jam and pride. You won that competition, and to this day you were still proud of it.

Slowly opening your old bedroom door, you expecting there to be some drastic change from three months ago to now. You rubbed your eyes harshly due to tiredness, which left a black mark left on your vision.

(Like when you rub your eyes too hard is it just me that gets this?)

It cleared slowly but saw a figure in your room. A tall, unmistakable figure.

"Dan?"

"The one and only"

"Dan!" You dropped your suitcase and ran over to him, quickly hugging him tight. "What are you doing here?!" You asked excitedly, eyes opened wide. "Your parents and I thought we'd surprise you" He cupped your face in his soft hands and kissed you passionately, just like before. You forgot the euphoric rush it gave you, the feeling of his slightly chapped lips against yours and each time he separated for air and came back left you craving more.

"Did my dad give you hell?" You laughed slightly, still with your arms hung loosely round his neck. "He might've interrogated me" He laughed back. A wide smile was spread across both of your faces.

"I've missed you" He hugged you and placed his head on your shoulder

"I've missed you" He hugged you and placed his head on your shoulder. You burrowed your head into his iconic eclipse t-shirt. "You're still wearing this everywhere, huh?" He said, his adorable accent close to your ear, referring to the galaxy jumper you now lives in. "Obviously. Although, it doesn't smell like you anymore" You stuck your bottom lip out, even though he couldn't see. "Well, we can fix that"

You must've stood there in silence for a few minutes, just remembering what it was like to hold him and kiss him. His familiar scent of musky beachwood comforted you. You could've stood there forever but your dad shouted you down.

"Yes, dad?" You asked, swinging round from behind the doorframe. "Like the surprise?" He chuckled slightly, looking at you from the cream couch. "Of course" You smiled and looked at Dan, who was stood behind you.

"We're planning to go out for dinner tonight at around 5, so be ready" He said, changing his gaze from you to Dan repeatedly.

"Okay" You sang and quickly ran upstairs with Dan trying to reach your speed behind you. "Woah, what's this?" He grabbed your hand and pointed to another picture of you, around the age of 11. "Oh god..." You face palmed as he laughed at your sunburnt face with ice cream smeared around the mouth.

"Jesus, why is there always food covering me in these pictures?" You laughed.

"Nothing's changed" He pointed to a small stain from the sauce from your McDonalds you had during the drive. As you looked down, he flicked his finger upwards.

"Dan, you troll"

~~~
hai

Dan's here bcause your parents invited him as a surprise for you

I'm feeling a bit better. I'm off school for Christmas so I have time to really look after myself but I just wanted you guys to know I'm feeling a bit better and thank you for waiting

Love - L x