chapter 38: driving lessons

It's dark out now. Stiles and Scott took off but I decided to stay with my dad.

He's sitting at his desk doing more paperwork.

I brought my camera along. I said I was going to start taking pictures but I haven't, so I decided today was a good day to start.

I take pictures of my dad sitting at his desk in his uniform. I'm so proud of him. He's done one hell of a job keeping people in Beacon Hills as safe as possible from supernatural creatures.

My phone rings. It's Malia.

"Hey Mal!"

"Hey, where are you?" she asks. She sounds worried.

"At the sheriff's station with my dad. Why?"

"Lydia and Kira are going to teach my how to drive tonight and I want you to come with us. I'm starting to freak out."

"You'll be fine." I say. "And yes, I'll go with you."

"Ok, we'll pick you up in about half an hour."

"Ok, see ya then."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kira drove Malia's car to the Sheriff's station. Lydia and I sit in the back seat as she drives to the area where Malia will take over the steering wheel.

Kira stops the car and Malia gets into the drivers seat, Lydia gets into the passengers seat and Kira joins me in the back.

"Okay," Kira says, "hands on the wheel at 10 and 2."

"Actually, the recommended position is now 9 and 3

"Actually, the recommended position is now 9 and 3. At 10 and 2, a deployed airbag could break your thumbs." Lydia adds.

"Mine would heal." Malia counters.

"Save your strength!" Lydia tells her. "And try not to destroy your beautiful new car."

Malia begins to drive, and tells Kira and I to shut up when we go overboard with the encouragement.

It wasn't great at first, Malia went off the road,