chapter 26: admit it

My dad and Stiles are with me in the hospital room. 

I told them everything.

Obviously Stiles had already figured it out. 

My brother always does.

They told me that Scott, Malia, and Melissa are here too and that Liam is on his way.

They don't know what's wrong with me.

I dont know if they'll be able to figure it out.

They are going to do a CT scan.

I honestly feel better. I'm not in any pain and I just have a light headache.

Liam comes rushing throughout the door.

"Hey, Malia called and told me you were in the hospital. What happened?!" he asks as he walks over to me.

I tell him about the excruciating pain, about what his dad said and about the CT scan.

He's worried, he's thinking the same thing I'm thinking.

are they going to be able to find what's wrong? If they don't how are they going to help me stop the pain from consuming me once again?

Dr. Geyer comes in after knocking on the door.

"All right, Ms. Stilinski, time for- Liam! What are you doing here?" 

"Sorry, I know it's really late, but I just have to be here." Liam replies.

Dr. Geyer looks at me and then back at Liam.

"All right, but please wait in the waiting room." he tells his son.

Liam nods and gives my hand a comforting squeeze before he walks out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's time for my CT scan.

I'm positioned inside the machine, trying to stay as still as possible.

My dad and Stiles are on the other stiles of the glass that separates the room.

The whirring, clicking and buzzing begins.

I'm fine at first, but afterwards, with every click and with every bang, the pain in my head begins to intensify once again.

I try to push it away, and it seems like it's working, but then, all at once the pain comes rushing back to my head.

I turn to my side and begin to sit up.

"No! Make it stop!" I yell out.

The machine stops and is returned to its original position, allowing me to sit up completely.

My dad, Stiles and the doctor come rushing in.

"I can't!" I say through gritted teeth and tears. "It was too much."

"That's not a problem." the doctor says, "We can try again la-"

"No." I interrupt him. "I just- I just want to sleep." 

Stiles sits next to me and puts his arm around me.

"Ok," he says, "It's ok."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back in the hospital room with my dad and Stiles.

I'm lying down on the bed, the pain finally subsiding.