chapter 36: we'll figure it out

As I opened my eyes, they slowly adjusted to the sunlight coming in through the windows of the empty examining room at the animal clinic.

I'm in pain, but it's bearable. Nothing like when Stiles...

Stiles.

I quickly jump off the table but I'm so weak I can barely stand. I try to keep myself up by grabbing onto the table next to me, knocking over some trays in the process.

Deaton, Derek, Liam and Mason come rushing in from the waiting room.

"You ok?" Liam asks as he makes his way over to me.

"Fine. Where's Stiles? Is he...?"

"He's doing just fine." Deaton responds. "You're dad called to let us know he's out of surgery."

I let out a sigh of relief and with it goes all my pain. "What happened?"

"Berserkers." Derek says. "They were at the hospital. They were the ones who cut the power, who hurt Stiles. They slashed him a couple times."

"What about Scott?" I ask.

"He's ok. He's done healing. He's at the hospital with Stiles." Liam responds.

"Did they go after him?" I ask.

"They tried, but Chris, Parrish and your dad did a pretty good job of holding them off." Liam says.

"So if the Berserkers were there...was Kate there too?"

"Nope. No sign of her." Derek responds.

I nod, trying to grasp everything that just happened.

"How are you feeling?" Deaton asks.

"Tired. Weak. But I want to go see Stiles."

He nods and smiles. "Of course."

"I can take them." Derek says. "I'll wait for you guys in the car."

He leaves the room and we can hear as the clinic door closes behind him.

Mason is quickly at my side and both Liam and Mason help me stay on my feet and walk. Before I leave I thank Deaton once again for everything he did for me and give him a hug. I don't know what I would do without him.

As Derek drives to the hospital, I can feel my strength slowly coming back to me.

Walking into the hospital was a bit of a struggle, all the pain hitting me at once, but I didn't let it stop me. I rushed to the room where they told me I could find my brother.

Without even thinking, I run into the room. Stiles is laying on the hospital bed, my dad stands by the foot of the bed and Malia sits next to Stiles. Derek, Liam and Mason wait outside for me.

When my dad sees me, he lowers his head in relief, walks over to me and embraces me.

I can't imagine how hard these past few hours have been for him.

I turn to Malia, who smiles at me. I smile back.

I walk over to Stiles and sit by his side on the bed. I don't say anything, I just hug him, being careful not to hurt him. I try my best not to tear up but I can't help it. There was a point last night when I thought I was going to lose my brother.

When I pull away, Stiles notices my teary eyes.

"No, don't do that. Because if you cry, then I'll cry." Stiles says.

I laugh and wipe my tears away. "Ok."

"How are you feeling?" Stiles asks me.

"Better, much better. You?"