chapter 17: part of the pack

stilinski household; next morning

I wake up and Liam is gone.

There's a note on my nightstand.

Left for school. (went out the window) Didn't want to wake you. Text me. Talk to you soon. Liam.

I get out of bed and walk towards the door.

My ankle doesn't hurt anymore. Actually, nothing hurts anymore.

Either I heal really quickly or Liam took my pain away and I didn't notice?

As I head downstairs I check my dads and brother's rooms. They're both empty.

Downstairs I hear the clatter of pots and pans.

"Dad?"

"Hey, good morning!"

"Morning. What are you doing?"

"Trying to make breakfast. Your mother was always better at this than I am." He turns to smile at me.

"I'm sure it's great!" I reassure him. "Where's Stiles?"

"School. But I decided to take the day off. I didn't want to leave you alone."

"Thanks Dad." I say with a smile.

Everyone's back at school today. They missed the past two days while they were out looking for me and when they were at the hospital.

I sit at the kitchen table with my dad and eat breakfast. He serves me some slightly burned pancakes topped with strawberries (my favorite), and some scrambled eggs.

After breakfast we head over to the living room and watch some T.V. We laugh at whatever the silly cartoon characters do on the show.

It's nice spending time like this with my dad, he's always so busy that we rarely get to sit down and just watch some T.V.

The phone rings a couple of hours later. They need my dad down at the Sheriff's Station.

"Dad, it's fine. Stiles will be home in a couple of hours. I'll be fine. I promise."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, definitely. "

He finally agrees to go and gives me a hug on his way out.

I head upstairs to my room and text Liam.

He responds right away and it brings a smile to my face.

I lay on my bed facing the ceiling. I don't know how, but I'm going to the woods tonight, I'm going to help find Celeste.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hear Stiles walk in the door. I rush out of my room and meet him in the hallway.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" he asks.

"Better, much better. Thanks."

"Good, I'm really glad to hear that."

He walks into his room and digs through his things.

"What are you looking for?"

"Some things we need for tonight. We are all going to meet up at Scott's right now and then head out."

"Let me help, please."

"No, I already told you-"

"Just, at least let me go to Scott's. There has to be a way I can help, even if it's only with the finishing touches on your plan. Please."