Mom waits for me under a big tall tree with other people that probably would be the parents of these people who are lining up with me. She's already engaged in a conversation with other mother, sometimes glance at my way and smile.

I return the little smile on her face and look ahead of me. 15 people standing before me, mostly girls, and that means I still have less than a half an hour until my own turn.

After half an hour passes by, a hand taps on my shoulder lightly and I turn around. I bring my eyes up and the man in front of me smiling brightly at my way.

"Oh, hi." A smile as bright as Connor's appears on my face as I stare back at him in astonishment.

"Hi. Wow, I never thought we would meet here." A light chuckle comes out from him, his eyes still fixed on mine.

"Yeah, me too. You're here by yourself?"

"Uh, yeah. My mom and dad have to work and my sisters have to go to school. Besides, my house is not really far from here."

"Oh." I nod my head a little.

"What about you?"

"I'm with my mother. She has a day off and insisted on accompanying me."

"Next!" I jump back a little as I turn around and look at the officer in shock. She just shake her head and gestured me to come inside the office.

"I guess I have to go." I smile at him awkwardly, my heart still beating fast in my chest.

"Okay, see you later."

"See you later."

I bring myself out of the office. I look out to see mom, walking toward my way with a wide toothy grin draw across her face that's brighter than the sun rays. Confusion take over my face as she holds my upper arms and lean into my ear.

"Who's that young man?" I snap my head toward her, eyes widening in shock. The previous grin on her face hasn't left yet.

"Mom! He's just a friend!" I exclaim, but it seems like the grin on her face won't leave her yet when I say those words, it even gets wider and brighter in each second. Her blue eyes twinkles with mischief as she stares back at me.

Boys is what she has in mind most of the time. And talk about them is one of her favorite hobbies. And it's not the hobby we really share together.

She compels it on me to like talking about it. I don't really like that side of her because I don't really want to be reminded of how single and lonely I am because I don't have a lot of friends.

But it's funny to hear her talk about things like that. Sometimes when I just stay in my room, reading books like I always do, she would come up to me and suddenly ask when will I have a boyfriend and get married because she wants to have grandchildren run around her house sooner or later.

I know that she's just joking about that whole thing, because I'm just too young to be married, but it's really getting on my nerves time after time.

She leans closer to me again as we begin to walk, her breath tickle me as she laughs quietly. "He's so handsome."

"Mom!" I pop my eyes at her again, and giggles comes out from her mouth as she stares at me playfully.

Connor is a pretty attractive young man, I admit. Even just thinking about him could make me all flustered. His curly dark brown hair almost framing his face. And his brown eyes, sometimes when I look into those eyes I get lost in it.

Argh, what am I thinking?! Why am I thinking about him?! I guess mom did something to me and that thing is to make me think about him.

"You're thinking about him right now, aren't you?" Her eyebrows wiggles as she keeps her gaze fixed at me, probably stifling a laughter from coming out of her mouth and makes her face scrunches up.