chapter 62: the beast of beacon hills

Start from the beginning

"Okay." I say with some conviction. Somehow my brother always knows what to say, and I appreciate him always building me up, even when I'm tearing myself down. Whatever I can do to save Mason, I'll do it. No matter the cost.

Stiles pulls me into a tight hug, and I hug him back. His hug gives me some sense of peace in the craziness that surrounds us. He kisses my forehead and tells me to get some rest. I say good night and head up stairs.

After I change into my pj's and get ready for bed, I get my phone and dial Mason's number. Just like the previous times, it goes straight to voicemail and I smile as I listen to his voicemail greeting: Hey, Mason here! Sorry I missed your call. I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Leave me a message. *beep*

"Mason." I sigh. "Just wanted to hear your voice." I pause, collecting my thoughts. "Please be ok. Just, just call me, okay? We can help you. We'll figure this out. I love you. And I'll see you soon."

I toss my phone on my bed, and place my hand around the back of my neck as I close my eyes. Trying to relax.

There's a gentle tap on my window and it makes me jump. I turn to find Liam sitting on the windowsill. I go to the window and open it. "Hey, any updates?" I ask, hopeful.

"No." he says softly. "You?"

"Nope."

He nods. "Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course." I say, moving aside so he can climb in. He turns to look at me with sad eyes.

"You ok?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "I just-I just didn't want to be alone tonight."

"Yeah, me neither." I admit.

He wipes away a tear. "I'm scared. I'm scared that we won't find a way to save him."

"I am too." I tell him, holding back tears. "But we will. We have to."

He nods and wipes away another tear as I wrap my arms around him, and it's then when I notice that Liam is shaking. I hug him a little tighter.

After a few minutes, I pull away and take his face between my hands, placing a kiss on his forehead. "We should try and get some rest." I say, knowing it's going to be almost impossible but we have to try. He nods and starts to walk towards the window but I take his hand and stop him. I lead him towards my bed and we both get under the covers. Liam wraps his arms around me and kisses my cheek. I do the same. My hand rests on his chest and he takes its, our fingers interlocking.

We fall asleep in each others arms, but even in our sleep we still feel the window of opportunity to save Mason, closing.

-----------------------------

Liam jolts awake, waking me up. He quickly reaches for his phone, checking for any updates we may have missed as we slept. I do the same, but nothing has changed. Our phones ring after a few minutes with a  text from Kira, asking us to meet her at Scott's house. Liam heads home to change and I get ready. I meet Stiles downstairs and then we head out to Scott's.

----------------------------

mccall household