Chapter Sixty-One

(Luca's POV)

"So, where did you guys go?" Storm asked as Riley and I sat at the kitchen island. 

"To the mall and petting zoo. I thought Luca could use some cheering up," Riley said and smiled as I blushed. 

"That was nice of you. Luca, did you like riding the horse?" 

"I-I loved i-it," I said and Storm put the roast in the oven. 

"That's great. I'm glad you two had fun," he said and I nodded. 

"So, I texted my mom about dying my hair," Riley said.

"Wh-What did sh-she s-s-say?"

"That I can do it as long as she doesn't have to do anything," he said. 

"I can dye it for you. What color or colors?" Storm said. 

"Well, Luca, what do you think? You said you would think about it."

"Dark r-red and p-p-purple," I said.

"Perfect! I'll get the dye whenever I can. Oh, do you want to work on our project?" Riley asked. 

"I-I-I don't h-have a-a piano," I said. 

"I have a keyboard at my house. I can ask Michael to drop it off."

"If Michael can't then I can run you guys over there," Storm said. 

"O-Okay," I said and Riley called Michael. 

"Hey, can you drop off my keyboard?" Riley asked. He rolled his eyes and then said, "Please? I haven't asked you to do anything for me in forever." Riley smiled and thanked him before hanging up. "He said he would."

"G-Great. I-I'll look u-up the sh-sheet mus-sic," I said and Riley followed me upstairs. I got on my laptop and found some free sheet music that I could print out. I printed it out and set it on my dresser before going back downstairs to wait for Michael. 

"We'll need to set up something so we can record us on our phones or something," Riley said. 

"I-I know," I said, "I-I'm g-g-going to t-teach you how t-to play th-the s-song. You'll p-play a-and I'll sing," I said. 

"Sounds good," Riley said and smiled. We heard a knock at the door and Storm opened it. Michael handed Storm the keyboard and Riley took the keyboard from Storm. We walked upstairs and set it on the floor. Riley sat down next to me on the floor and I put the sheet music on the stand. 

"N-Now, d-do you know a-anyth-thing about p-playing p-p-piano?" I asked.

"I know all the white keys," he said. 

"Th-That's a s-start." 

"Why don't you just teach me the keys I need to know? That way it won't take too long," Riley said. 

"O-Okay," I said and looked at the sheet music. I got a dry erase marker and wrote down all the notes on the keyboard, including the sharps and flats up top. "I'll p-p-play i-it first, j-just watch."

"Okay." I started playing 'Lost Boy' on the keyboard and cringed as I messed up a  few times. I know this is my first time playing it, but I still don't like to mess up. "That sounded really good," Riley said. 

"I-I messed u-u-up," I said. 

"So? It was really good for your first time playing it. Way better than I can do." I smiled and thanked him before rewriting the smeared noted on the keyboard again. 

"C-Can you r-r-read music?"

"Nope," Riley said. I took the sheet music and wrote in the notes.