Chapter Forty-Five

Riley's POV)

I walked down to the park where Joshua told me to meet him. After I got there, I saw Joshua sitting with our friends at a picnic table. I walked over to him and sat down. I know Joshua's up to something, and it probably has to do with Luca. "So, why did we need to meet you here?" I asked.

"I have something for you guys to listen to," Joshua said.

"What?" Kyla asked. Joshua put his phone in the middle of the table and pressed play.

"R-Riley, I'm s-s-sorry. I d-didn't m-mean it wh-when I-I sent the t-text. I-I just didn't want t-t-to b-be hurt m-more. I th-thought y-you were g-going to dump m-me b-b-because of a s-stupid r-reason, so I dec-cided to d-do it so it w-wouldn't hurt as m-much. I was w-wrong. I w-would've t-told y-y-you th-th-this sooner i-if I w-wasn't stuck in a ment-tal h-hospital. I-I overth-think things, s-so wh-when I thought you w-were g-going t-to dump m-me I panicked. I-It g-got so b-bad S-Storm called the c-cops to s-sedate me. Th-Then th-they found out I'm sui-icidal and d-don't e-eat. Th-They said I-I n-needed to g-go to the h-hospital f-for t-treatment. R-Riley, I-I need you. I-If I don't have y-you, I'm n-nothing. I'm s-so l-lost without y-you. R-Riley. . .I l-love y-you. I'm s-sorry I-I h-hurt you. I'm sorry I-I ruined u-us. I'm s-s-so sorry. I kn-know that y-you w-won't really c-care, s-since all I-I a-am is a big f-fuck-up. I j-j-just wanted t-to e-explain to y-you wh-what h-h-happened." I felt my heart break as I heard what Luca said.

"No. . . ." I whispered and felt a tear roll down my face.

"If you would've let him explain, you would've known that he was placed in a treatment facility. Also, he dumped you because he was afraid you were going to since he can't be intimate," Joshua said.

"Oh, my god. I'm a terrible person! I made fun of his freaking parents!" I cried.

"We all did. Well, except for Joshua," Chester said.

"I need to talk to him," I said and got up. I started running to Luca's house and knocked on the door. Storm let me in and told me Luca is upstairs. I walked upstairs and saw Luca in the hallway headed to the bathroom. "Luca!" He looked up and his eyes widened. He hid something behind his back and looked down.

"Wh-What are y-you d-doing here?" he asked.

"I need to talk to you. What's behind your back?" I asked.

"N-Nothing," he mumbled. I walked over to him took his arm. He resisted but I pulled it out from behind his back and saw a razor.

"Luca, what the heck?!" I said. "Did you do anything?" Luca bit his lip and looked down. "You did, didn't you?"

"I-I d-d-deserved it. . . ." he whispered.

"No, Luca, you didn't deserve it. If anything, I'm the one who deserves it," I said. "Can we please talk?" He nodded and walked into the bathroom. He flushed the razor and I then followed him into his room. He sat down on the bed and I took a deep breath. "I know it means nothing, but I'm sorry."

"I-It's okay," Luca said and I face-palmed.

"Luca, it's not okay. I did horrible things to you. I made fun of your past. I didn't let you explain."

"I-It's f-f-fine," he said.

"No it isn't. I deserve you punching me in my face. I broke my promise, Luca," I said.

"I'm u-u-used t-to it."

"You shouldn't have to be used to it! I'm a terrible person for doing the things I did to you. I don't even know I could have done them? And I have no idea how you're forgiving me," I said.

"L-Love m-makes y-you do crazy th-things," he mumbled. I looked at him and couldn't help but smile.

"Yeah, it does. That's why I don't understand how I could've hurt you. Luca, I love you. I'm so sorry for being a jerk," I said and he got up. He hugged me and I could hear him crying.

"P-Please, l-let's just f-f-forg-get about i-it."

"You want to pretend it never happened?" I asked and he nodded. I hugged him back and sighed. "Okay, but I want to tell you something."

"Wh-What?" he asked.

"I will never leave you because of sex. I'm not that type of guy. I love you because of you, not sex. You're my best friend and boyfriend. Nothing will change that now."

"O-Okay," he said and I smiled.

"I have to get going. I promised mom I would be home early. Text me later, Luca," I said and he nodded. I kissed his head and I then left to go home.

(Luca's Pov)

Riley left and I walked downstairs to get something to drink. Storm was in the kitchen making dinner and I smiled at him. "Hey, Luca, you look happy," he said.

"I-I am," I said.

"I'm glad," he said and put the pizza in the oven.

"S-Storm?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"C-Can w-we get a-a cat?" I asked.

"Will you take care of it?" he asked.

"O-Of c-c-course," I said.

"After school we'll go see about getting a cat," he said. I smiled and nodded. I got a bottle of water and then walked into the living room. I turned on the TV and started watching random shows.

After dinner, Storm invited Tyler over so that we could have a movie night. "I'M HERE!" Tyler screamed, as he walked into the house.

"We see that," Storm said.

"So, what movie are we watching?" he asked, as he laid down on the makeshift bed Storm made on the floor.

"The Fault In Our Stars." I love this movie, even if it makes me cry. Storm turned it on and we started watching it. 

"I've never seen this movie," Tyler said. Storm smirked and I smiled. 

"You'll like it," Storm said and laughed. 

Once the movie was over, I wiped my eyes since I teared up. Tyler looked at us with shock on his face and tears in his eyes. 

"WHAT KIND OF MOVIE IS THIS?! That was worse than Bridge to Terabithia!"

"What did you expect?" Storm asked. 

"I expected a happy ending!" Tyler said. 

"Too bad," Storm said and Tyler huffed. I giggled and Storm set his alarm on his phone. We all went to sleep on the makeshift bed. I actually fell asleep happy, knowing someone actually loves me. 

*SO! This chapter is all over the place. Not very good. Tell me what you want to see in the next chapter! Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment and vote! I love you all! <3*