Chapter Five

*Picture is of Luca's room*

(Riley's Pov)

I walk outside and see Micheal's car. I roll my eyes when I see all of his friends in it. I slowly walk to the car and get in the back with Nathan, Marcus, and Kyle. Jackson is in the front. "Hey, Michael," I say. Michael glances at me in the mirror, but doesn't say anything. I guess he still hates me. I honestly feel like crying. Maybe I deserve him hating me. I mean, we're always fighting and calling each other names, but he shouldn't hate me, right? I sigh and look down at my lap. I'm not buckled because there isn't enough room, so when Michael comes to a sudden stop I go flying and hit my head on the seat in front of me. I groan in pain and feel my head. I look at my hand and see blood on it. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. Oh, my god. . .I'm bleeding and my head hurts really bad. I look up and see a deer running into the woods. Okay, now I really feel like crying and this time I don't hold back. At least I have an excuse as to why I'm crying. I sniffle and some tears run down my cheeks. Micheal turns around in his seat and his eyes widen. Kyle, who is right next to me, turns to me and his eyes go wide, too. I start sobbing because of the pain and Michael hating me.

I hold my head and Micheal says, "Shit, Riley, are you okay?"

"Does it look like I'm okay?" It comes out more as sobs than it does words, but I'm sure he gets the point.

"Kyle, do something!" Michael says.

"Why me? He's your brother!"

"Yeah, but you actually like him." Okay, that really hurt. Kyle glares at Michael before he goes into his book bag and gets a tissue out of a package.

"Move your hand." I move my hand and Kyle holds the napkin on it. I start to cry harder because of all the blood on my hand. Michael pulls into our driveway and everyone gets out except Kyle and me. I feel dizzy, I don't think I can even walk to get out of the car. Kyle gets out the other door and opens my side door to carry me out. Michael opens the door and Kyle takes me into the kitchen and sets me on the counter. He takes the bloody tissue off and replaces it with another one.

"It hurts," I cry.

"Shhh, I know." Mom and dad are at work, so they can't help me. I  suddenly feel really tired.

"I want to go to sleep."

Kyle's eyes widened again and he says, "No, you can't go to sleep. If you go to sleep you might not wake up. We should get you to the hospital. The bleeding isn't stopping." I start sobbing again. I don't want to die! "Michael!"

"What?" Michael asks.

"We need to get him to the hospital," Kyle says. Michael rolls his eyes and grabs his keys.

"Damn, can't even invite my friends over without you ruining it," he mumbles.I feel my heart break again. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean for me to hear him, but it still hurts. He cares more about his stupid friends than his own brother bleeding to death! Okay, maybe I'm not bleeding to death, but it's still a lot of blood. 

He tells his friends to wait at the house except for Kyle who goes with us. Michael pulls into the hospital parking lot and we go into the emergency room. Kyle is holding my hand to keep me steady because of my dizziness. When the lady at the desk looks up and sees me, she puts her hand over her mouth.

"Oh my goodness! What happened?!" she asks.

"Erm, he wasn't wearing his seatbelt and I had to stop for a deer, so he hit his head on the front seat," Michael says.

"Why wasn't he wearing his seat belt?" she asks. Before I can say anything Michael answers for me.

"I don't know, he just doesn't listen." I stare at Michael with my mouth hung open in shock. Did he really just lie so he won't get in trouble? He gives me a warning look when I open my mouth to tell her the truth. I shut my mouth and sigh. The lady behind the desk picks up the phone and calls for someone to take care me. I don't know why? I guess if you have a head injury it's urgent to take care of it. A doctor leads us into a room and I sit down on the bed.