Chapter Thirteen

(Riley's Pov)

Luca wasn't at school today, which is weird since its Friday and he seemed to be fine all week. I hope he's okay. I sighed and walked to my locker to get my lunch. I packed my lunch today since we are having meatloaf. I hate the school's meatloaf, it's a weird grey color and tastes nasty. I was about to shut my locker when it was almost slammed on my hand. I jumped back and saw Jeffree standing there without his friends. "Hey, faggot," he said. I rolled my eyes and pretended that, that didn't hurt. I've never been called a faggot before. . .

"What do you want?" I asked in an annoyed tone.

He smirked and said, "Just wanted to ask you a question." I raised an eyebrow at him and waved my hand telling him to go on. "Why did you stick up for that blue haired freak?" I glared at him and was about to yell at him when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Robby there giving Jeffree a warning look.

"I thought you guys finally learned your lesson," Robby said.

Jeffree scoffed and said, "From Chester?" Robby nodded. "He won't do anything if he doesn't know."

"Is that a threat?" I asked. Jeffree shrugged and Robby rolled his eyes.

"Did you seriously just threaten a student in front of me?" Robby asked.

"What? You're just a janitor." Jeffree smirked.

"I may just be a janitor but I can still give you detention. I'm writing you up," he said and I smiled. "Now get to lunch." We nodded and Jeffree glared at us one last time before walking towards the lunch room. I turned around and smiled at Robby.

"Thanks," I said and he smiled.

"No problem." I gave him one last smile before walking towards the lunch room. I walked in and saw my friends sitting at Luca's table. I walked over there and got out my peanut butter and jam sandwich.

"Hey, Riley, why are you late?" Joshua asked.

"I got stopped by Jeffree but Robby handled it," I said.

"Oh okay, where's Luca?" Chester asked.

"I have no idea. He wasn't in first period. I'm kind of worried though," I said. Kyla giggled and I glanced at her. "What?"

"Nothing, I just find it cute that you worry about him so much," Kyla said. I laughed and shook my head.

"But why?" I asked.

"Because I think you two would make a cute couple." The whole table quieted down and waited for my reaction.

"Maybe you're right," I said and shrugged like it was no big deal. All my friends looked at me in shock and I laughed. "What? It really isn't a big deal."

"But- You're straight?" Joshua said. I laughed again and shook my head no. I knew they wouldn't care really because Kyla is obsessed with yaoi, which is gay anime, and they all support her with it.

"No, I'm gay," I said and shrugged.

"HA! I KNEW IT!" Kyla shouted causing everyone in the cafeteria to look at us.

"Well, it isn't really that shocking," Becky said.

"Yeah and it doesn't change anything," Chester said.

I smiled and said, "I knew you guys would be cool with it. Just don't tell Luca."

"Um, why?" Sarah asked.

"I just don't want him to know," I said. The truth is, I didn't want him to find out that I had a crush on him. Yeah, I know I just met him but he's so sweet and nice.

"Okay. . ." Kyla grumbled.

"What? You wanted to tell him?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes and said, "Of course! If he knew he might admit to liking you."

"Isn't Luca straight?" Chester asked.

"Well I don't know, maybe," Kyla said. I sighed and took a bite of my sandwich. Wait a minute, I have his number! I can just text him to make sure he's okay. I got out my phone and sent him a text asking if he was okay.

'Hey, are you okay? Are you in school?' I got a reply right away.

'I'm. . .okay. Just had a bad nightmare last night and woke up sick.' I read it and looked up at my friends.

"He said he's okay, just had a bad nightmare and is sick," I said.

"Nightmare? What kind of nightmare keeps you home from school?" Joshua asked.

"I don't know, I'm worried about him even more now," I said.

'Nightmare? What nightmare?' I sent it and got a text in about a minute.

'It's nothing, I'm going to go take a bath. Bye.' I don't know why, I just got this bad feeling in my gut that he's not telling me something. . .

(Luca's Pov)

I put my phone away and got off the couch. I turned the TV off and went upstairs to the bathroom. I put the water on so the tub would be filling up and looked down at my wrapped arms. I sighed and took off my shirt and looked in the mirror. I'm so fat. . .why can't I be skinny like Riley? Or even strong like Chester? I hate my body, it's so ugly and scarred. Most of the scars are from my past but the ones on my thighs and legs. . .they're from me. That's right, I cut myself. I also throw up my food and starve myself. I'm just a messed up, selfish kid. I deserve everything I do to myself. I know I do, they told me. Who's they? Well people at school of course. I took my my pajama pants off and got out my razor. I never cut my wrist, that's an obvious place to check. But they never check your thighs.

I pulled up my boxers and put the razor to my skin. I started to slash at my thighs and felt the tears roll down my cheeks. I finally stopped and wiped off most of the blood but the cuts wouldn't stop bleeding. I knew they would stop after a while, I just needed to get in the tub and wash them off. I took off my boxers and turned off the water. I got in the tub and watched the blood on my cuts wash away. I sighed and washed them off and winced at the pain. I finished washing up and let out the water. I got out and dried myself off and wrapped a towel around my waist. I put my clothes in the hamper and walked to my room and put on my Batman pajamas and walked downstairs to lay on the couch and get some sleep. I still feel sick and I'm kind of tired. I closed my eyes and fell asleep.