Chapter Seventeen

(Luca's Pov)

I was sitting on the couch watching TV when Storm came through the door. "Hey, Luca," he said and I smiled at him.

"H-Hi, how w-was y-your date?" I asked.

"Amazing, his dad is pretty cool." I bit my lip and nodded. Storm sighed and sat down on the couch. "So, did you eat anything for dinner?"

"Y-Yeah. . ." I lied. I don't want to eat anything, I'm fat enough. But I also don't want him to worry.

"Oh, okay. Sorry about being so late. I had to stop at the market and get some things." I just noticed the bags of groceries on the table.

"I-It's fine," I said and he nodded. "I'll p-put th-them away," I said and he smiled.

"Thanks, Luca." He ruffled my hair and I got up and grabbed the bags. I put the milk, eggs, and peanut butter in the fridge and the rest of the stuff in the cabinets. I looked at the clock on the stove and it read seven-thirty. Tomorrow is Sunday. . .I go to see my new therapist on Sunday. My chest felt tight and I couldn't breathe. I don't want to go to therapy. . .I'm terrified of meeting new people. Storm came into the kitchen looking at his phone and when he looked up his eyes filled with worry.

"Oh my god, Luca?!" he said and ran up to me. He put his hands on my shoulders and looked into my eyes. "Luca, what happened?"

"I-I d-don't want to g-go. . ." I whimpered. Storm bit his lip and sighed.

"Luca, this is the reason you have to go. You can't just keep having panic attacks like this. We have to get your anxiety under control and everything else," Storm said.

"I-I promise I'll t-t-try harder. J-just d-don't make me go," I begged.

"No, Luca, you're going," he said sternly and I pushed past him. I ran up to my room and slammed the door. I was breathing heavily and I felt my anger rise. I held my head as it pounded. I clenched my teeth and my vision was turning cloudy. That's when everything went black.

I woke up to Storm shaking me. "Luca! Luca, please wake up," he said. He sounded scared. My eyes snapped open and I sat up slowly.

"Huh?" I mumbled.

"Luca, what did you do?!" He sounded so worried yet angry at the same time. I was scared, Storm has never been mad at me.

"N-Nothing. . ." I said confused.

"Don't lie to me! You call this nothing?" I looked around my room and my jaw dropped. I then noticed a stinging pain in my knuckles. My room was trashed and my knuckles were split open. Did I do this?

"S-Storm. . ." My voice cracked and I curled into a ball. "I'm s-scared." I was so scared. Storm looked at me confused before he pulled me into his lap. I hugged him tightly and cried. He rocked me back and forth and hushed me.

"You mean you don't remember doing this?" he asked and I nodded silently. "Luca, I'm sorry for yelling. Don't be scared, we'll figure this out." I sniffled and nodded. I unwinded myself from him and got up. "What are you doing?"

"I-I d-did this mess, I-I should c-clean i-it up," I said. Storm shook his head and stood up too.

"It's eleven-thirty, we'll do it tomorrow. Come on, you can sleep in my room since your bed is trashed." I nodded and looked at my bed. The sheets were tore off the matress and all my plushies were on the floor. I grabbed my cover and pillow and we walked to Storm's room. I silently cried myself to sleep.

"Luca, please talk to me," Storm said as we drove to the therapy office. I ignored him and kept glaring out the window. Storm pulled into the parking lot and I sniffled.