Chapter Twenty-Six

(Luca's Pov)

I got out of bed at around seven. I made my bed and then went to my closet to get my clothes. I'm not going to take a shower since I took one last night. I then went to my closet and got a red and black hoody, black skinny jeans, and my Vans. I then went into the bathroom to brush my hair, straighten it, and brush my teeth. After I was done I walked downstairs and grabbed my backpack. Storm texted me last night to tell me I could either walk to school or ride the bus. I chose walk since I hate the bus, I walked outside and then walked back inside to get a jacket. It's freezing outside! It is November though. I got my oversized jacket so it would fit over my hoody and put it on. Then I walked back outside and started walking to the school. I feel nervous about telling Riley and the others but I know I have to. If I want their help then they need to know what to help me with. I sighed and continued to walk to school. As I was walking I heard a car slow down beside me. I looked to my left and saw the car stop. The window rolled down and I saw Riley in the car with Michael. "Hey, Luca! Why are you walking to school?" Riley asked.

"S-Storm is a-a-at J-Jackson's so I n-needed to w-walk," I said and he nodded.

"Oh, okay. Do you want a ride?" I smiled a little and nodded.

"S-Sure," I said and got in the back. I buckled up and Riley turned around in his seat.

"How are you doing, Luca? Are you feeling better?" he asked.

"Y- Yeah, a-a little," I said nervously.

"That's good! Oh, look, we're here," Riley said and we got out.

"See ya later, Riley. Bye, Luca," Michael said and drove off. I followed Riley into the school and he smiled at me.

"So, did anything happen yesterday?" he asked and I shrugged.

"I g-got a-a new th-therapist."

"You go to therapy?" he asked.

"I j-just s-started. I-I a-actually have to t-talk to you," I said and he nodded.

"Oh, okay. Just me or the others, too?"

"All o-of y-you," I said. He nodded and we walked up to his locker.

"Hey, guys," Chester said and we waved.

"Hey, Chester. Hey, guys," Riley said and they all waved at us.

"How are you, Luca?" Becky asked. "I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your house on Saturday. I had dance practice. But Kyla caught me up."

"O-Oh, okay," I said. "I'm f-fine."

"That's good," she said.

"I'm g-going t-t-to go get m-my s-stuff," I said and quickly walked away from my friends. I'm still extremely nervous about telling them my secret. I opened my locker and put my jacket in there and got my books out. I bit my lip as I thought about what's going to happen once I tell them. Would if they go back with Sarah and tell her she was right? Then they'll all start bullying me. . .

"Hey, freak." I jumped and looked behind me. I saw Jeffree, Danny, Cameron, and Sarah. Wait, why is Sarah with them? It sounded like Sarah was the one who called me a freak.

"S-Sarah?" I asked and she smirked.

"I heard what happened at the dance. Jeffree told me. Tell me, did you cut yourself afterwards to make the pain go away?" Sarah laughed and I looked down at my feet.

"Wh-Why a-a-are you d-doing this?" I whispered. I was trying my hardest not to cry. It hurts when someone who was supposed to be your friend starts to bully you.