Chapter Forty-Six

*Picture is of Luca's outfit*

(Luca's Pov)

I woke up and got dressed in a t-shirt, skeleton zip-up jacket, a black beanie, a belt, my glasses since I can't find my contacts, and a choker. I then put on my converses and headphones. School is canceled today because we had a snow storm last night. I walked downstairs and saw Storm in the kitchen making coffee. "Good morning," he said. 

"G-Good m-m-morning," I said. 

"So, since the roads are too icy to drive on, I thought we could wait until Saturday to go adopt a cat."

"O-Okay," I said and he smiled. 

"Evan and Brandon wanted to know if we want to spend Thanksgiving with them on Thursday. We won't have school tomorrow since we get Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off."

"Th-That sounds n-n-nice," I said and smiled. 

"Good, I'll tell them when I get there. You want to go to the mall with us? You can invite Riley. The roads near Tyler's aren't very bad," Storm said. 

"S-Sure," I said and pulled out my phone. I texted Riley asking him if he wants to come come with us and he said yes. He also said that he'll be here in ten minutes. 

I heard someone knocking at the door and I answered it. Riley smiled and hugged me before saying," Hi, Luca!"

"H-Hey, R-R-Riley," I said and smiled at him when he pulled back. 

"You look cute in glasses," he said and I blushed. 

"I-I lost m-m-my c-contacts," I said.

"You should wear your glasses more often. They're adorable." I giggled and Storm walked up to me. He put on his jacket and we followed him outside. 

"It shouldn't take that long to walk there. Only about fifteen minutes," Storm said. We nodded and started walking to Tyler's. "So, Riley, how have you been?"

"I've been good! Especially now that Luca's back," he said. Storm smiled and nodded. 

"That's good," Storm said. We made small talk the rest of the way until we reached Tyler's. Storm knocked on the door and Tyler answered. 

"Hey, guys! Come on in," he said and we all walked inside. Tyler gave me my hug and he smiled at Riley. "Hey, Riley, good to see you again."

"Same to you," Riley said and smiled. Evan and Brandon walked downstairs and they smiled at us. 

"You guys ready?" Evan asked. We nodded and piled into his car. Riley and I sat in the very back while Storm and Tyler sat in the middle seats. 

"Luca, do you think Storm will let us hang out on our own for a bit?" Riley whispered.

"S-Storm?" I said. 

"Yeah?" he asked. 

"C-Can R-R-Riley and I g-g-go on our o-own for a little b-bit?" 

"Sure, I'll text you when to meet us at the food court," he said. I nodded and smiled at Riley and he went back to looking out the window. I stared at him at him through my bangs so he wouldn't know I'm looking at him. As I stared, I couldn't help but think about what I did to deserve him? Not only is he the most handsome boy I've ever seen, he's also the sweetest. Yes, he was very rude to me a few days ago, but he had a reason. I made him that way. Joshua told me how he gets like that when something he cares about is ruined. Like when his parents almost got a divorce. He was so upset, he turned cold. He must care a lot about me if I made him like that. What am I saying? I know he does! That's right, I believe that he cares about me. He's proven it. Also, he loves me and I love him. I told him that. I've never told that to anyone that other than Storm and Tyler.