Chapter Eighteen

(Luca's Pov)

I walked out of my room with my backpack and went downstairs. Storm was in the kitchen making some breakfast so I sat at the table. "S-Storm?" I said.

"Hmmm?" he hummed and I sighed.

"C-Can I go t-to the d-dance with Riley?" Storm turned to me and smirked.

"Like as a date or. . .?" he said.

"N-no, friends," I said disapointed. I didn't mean to sound disappointed and I was hoping that Storm didn't noticed. Sadly, luck wasn't on my side today.

"Don't sound so beat up over it," Storm laughed. "I'm sure Riley will start liking you once he gets to know you more."

"B-But he's s-straight," I said. Storm shrugged and put a plate of pancakes in front of me.

"You never know," Storm sang and I smiled. Maybe he's right, I don't know if Riley's gay or not so there's always a chance. I ate my pancakes and then noticed that Tyler isn't around.

"Wh-Where's T-tyler?" I asked.

"Oh, he called and said that he got the flu. So he won't be in school for awhile." I nodded and followed Storm out to the car. He drove me to school and I bit my lip, scared of what's going to happen. "Don't worry, you got this," he said and I smiled.

"B-bye, I l-love y-you," I said.

"Love you, too. Good luck." I nodded and got out of the car. As soon as I walked up to the doors I saw Storm drive away. I walked into school and saw Riley waiting at my locker. I sighed and walked with my head down to my locker.

"Hey, you okay?" Riley asked. I nodded and opened my locker to get my math notes. I was feeling extra depressed today and I don't know why. "Are you sure?" I looked up and forced a small smile and nodded again. I guess my smile wasn't convincing because Riley just gave me a worried look. I didn't want to talk today. I didn't feel like doing anything. I just wanted to go home and forget about telling the office the names of my bullies. I walked past Riley and walked down the hall to get to math. Riley ran up next to me but didn't say anything. I don't think he knew what to say to me. As soon as we walked into Mr. Jewels' class he waved me over.

"Luca, the office needs you." I nodded and Riley looked at me confused.

"Why do you need to go?" Riley asked as I walked past him. I just shrugged and walked out the door. Yes, I was being kind of rude but I couldn't help it. I shut people out when I'm depressed. I walked to the office and knocked on the principals door.

He let me in and said, "Hello, Luca. How are you?" I shrugged and he sat at his desk. "Anything wrong?" I shook my head no and he sighed. "So, Luca, I heard about the bullying." I nodded and got out a piece of paper from my book bag that I wrote the names on. It wasn't a long list, just the main three. Jeffree, Cameron, and Danny. "So, do you want to tell me who it is?" he asked and I handed him the paper. He nodded and typed something into his computer and said, "Thank you, I'll see what I can do."

"I-Is th-that all you n-need?" I whispered and he nodded.

"Yes, here's a note to go back to class." I took the note and walked out of his office. I walked back to class and gave Mr. Jewels the note. He nodded at me and told me we were just working in partners to do the problems on the board. I sat down in my seat and Riley scooted his desk over to mine.

"How'd it go?" he asked with a smile. I shrugged and he frowned. "Luca, are you mad at me?"

I took a deep breath and finally said, "I-I just w-want t-to be left a-alone." He looked at me with sadness in his eyes and I tried to ignore the tight feeling in my chest.