Chapter 42

Chapter 42: I'm listening.

"I have an idea... we need Draco though..." Ron said as he fumbled in his pocket, before fishing a small item out. 

"It's been DAYS since anyone came at all... not even Lucius...how long have we been stuck here? It feels like an eternity." Hermione replied a very gloomy Ron.

"Well...if we're going to stay here for eternity, might as well get comfortable..."

"Speak of the devil!" Hermione interrupted Ron as the lock to the door opened and light flooded into the room.

"Filthy scum... surprisingly, you haven't dropped dead yet. Draco, you said you needed to say something to them? Hurry, it's tea time... and you have to make the tea. Like always." Lucius snarled at Draco before he walked away, the sound of the heel of his boots colliding with the floor being heard.

"We have to get out of here... and Ron says he has a plan and I...I know who told the ministry about you." Hermione said, out of breath from talking so fast.

Draco blinked at Hermione, his heart thumping steadily.

Would this solve everything?

Would helping Hermione and Ron escape solve it?

He knew he would have to face his father after that. Who knew what his father would do to him?

He might get lucky and only have to serve his father for the rest of his life.

Or maybe not so lucky and he might need to face various curses. Not that he'd never experienced it before.

Yet there was a bright side. Hermione would have a normal life after that. She could live her life free.

The cruel and selfish part of him wanted to keep her here forever. So that he could see her every day.

But he knew what was the right thing to do. And if he really loved Hermione...

"Tell me the plan... I'm listening."

To Draco, Hermione was everything.