Chapter 9

Chapter 9: Hermione, I love you...

Hermione looked at Draco, confused.

" I'll explain... you see, so the death eaters were after me and they wanted me dead but my father didn't want that. So we made up a plan. He brought me here and he would dramatically 'kill' me. I have to say, we probably fooled the rest of the death eaters." Draco grinned widely as he air-quoted the word 'kill'.

"So why am I here and why did the death eaters want you dead in the first place?" Hermione asked Draco curiously.

"You're here because... Because... I love you." Draco blurted out and he slapped a hand over his mouth, his eyes widening at the words he just said.

Draco watched as the emotions in Hermione's eyes changed from fear to touched to confused.

" They wanted me dead because I love you. You're a muggle born and... You know how it is... I'm considered a blood traitor now... 'cut all ties with traitors' they say." Draco said in a quiet voice.

After a moment of silence, Draco spoke once again.

" Can you... Can you forgive me for the things I did to you in the past?" Draco asked hopefully, feeling relieved when he saw Hermione smile.

She was sure of her answer as she spoke.

" Yes." Hermione said, pulling Draco into a hug.