Chapter 17

Chapter 17: He's changed...

" Potter. Weasel. Weaslette. What are you doing here?" Draco asked as he saw the three friends of Hermione's. 

"Getting Hermione of course. We know you have her, Malfoy." Ron spat at Draco and Draco rolled his eyes.

"Why do you care?" a voice behind them asked. Draco turned to see Hermione, glaring at Ron.

" You don't even like me anyway," Hermione said in a quiet voice. "Come on, Mione. We're going." Harry said, pulling Hermione's arm with him.

Hermione yanked her arm back from Harry's grasp and directed her glare to Harry.

" I'm not leaving," Hermione said stubbornly, looking away from the three.

" Yes, you are. We can't leave you here with... MALFOY." Harry said, emphasizing the word' Malfoy'.

"But Harry... Draco's changed... he's not that guy he used to be." Hermione said and Harry glared at Draco.

" So you're on a first-name basis now, huh." Harry said, his eyes still searching Draco up and down.

Hermione looked at Ginny for help and Ginny got the signal.

" Harry... it's getting late and you know how stubborn a person Hermione is... Draco's changed, Harry. Really. And even if you don't believe me, at least let her sleep here, for tonight. If you actually do want to take her home, come back tomorrow. She's probably too tired to travel." Ginny tried to persuade Harry and Harry just glanced at her.

Ginny then stood on her toes and whispered something into Harry's ear.

Whatever she whispered into his ear probably worked because Harry nodded and turned to Draco.

"If you hurt her in any way, you will regret it. I guarantee." Harry said before leaving.

Ron sneered at Draco but before he could say anything, Ginny pulled him away, winking at Hermione.

'Thanks.' Hermione mouthed and Ginny smiled.

  Hermione saw the three leave the apartment and sighed softly.

" Granger... do you want to go back home?" Draco asked her as she looked out the window.

" No. I just want to be with you. Alone. For some time. I mean, I probably will go back eventually but right now, I just want to stay with you and enjoy every single moment."